I started 2014 with some amazing goals and totally rocked until the end of May. I feel like the minute I finished ZOOMA Annapolis my motivation went on vacation and I’ve been struggling to find it again. Despite the lack of motivation, I still managed 3 more half marathons and Ragnar. But, I still have 2 months left of 2014 and I need to find a way to get off my rear and back out there. Since I’ve pretty much finished all of the goals I set at the beginning of the year, I’m setting 5 new goals to get me through 2014.
- Get back on an exercise schedule that includes movement at least 6 days a week.
- Find one of the many end of year fitness challenges and actually participate.
- If my foot allows, train (yes, actually train) for one more half marathon. If my foot doesn’t, see my podiatrist.
- Actually use the massage gift certificate I got when I turned 40 (yes, I’m 44…)
- Use the Kettlebell class gift certificate I won and actually do some cross training!
How are your goals going for 2014? Are you on track or in need of a little boost?
And just in case you wonder, here’s what I’ve already accomplished this year.
- Finish another five half marathons in five days. Did it. Rocked it! Want to do it again. I’m aiming for Center of the Nation in fall 2015. I also ran day 1 of the Appalachian Series to get my redemption in West Virginia. (It wasn’t much of a redemption as I ran my 3rd slowest half ever, but I had a heck of a fun time!)
- Run 14 16 half marathons in 2014. Done. Is it wrong to admit I’m toying with #17? Perhaps that will get me moving again…
- Run half marathons in 4 new states and one new country. 4 new states, 1 country, and two new half marathon states. I’d say I rocked this goal.
- Keep moving our whole family down the path towards healthier eating and more movement. Beer Geek moved himself down this path and rides his bike regularly. Shoo will be playing on two soccer teams in the fall. Guess that means I need to convince Jones to be a runner. Jones actually ran a mile with me recently. Now to get him to continue…
- Move on the days I’m not running – a minimum of fifteen minutes. I suck at this. I’m good for a bit and then I slack. I’ve done a couple of boot camps recently and realized I have zero functional fitness. Still sucking at this…
- Get back to a point where I’m comfortable in all of my clothes. Thank goodness for spanx. That is all.
- Consistently work the number of hours each month that I’m supposed to hit. No worries here. I’ve been crazy busy. I’m working for my usual job, I’m working shifts at the public library, I’m writing for RunHaven, and I’ve worked a couple of races.
- Keep building my skills with Google Apps, especially in creating Google Sites. This is going well for me.
- Actually attend a BURP (homebrewers/beer lovers) event. Yeah someday…
- Take a trip with Beer Geek. Got this one done and already planning 2! trips next year. Thank goodness I have awesome parents.
- Be more social. This continues to go well. I’ve actually got 3 shifts at the public library this week, we’ve got a beer event next weekend, and then it’s the holiday season.
25 thoughts on “I have no goals”
hmmm can MAKING IT TO 2015 be our goal?? 🙂
Wow can’t believe you’ve run 16 half races this year-that’s amazing. No wonder your foot hurts 🙂 A bunch of us are doing the Parks 10k Sunday if you’d like to join us
I should try that be more social thing 😉
I am lacking motivation since my last race too. I’ve been trying to get some plans going so I get my butt moving again!
16 half marathons is amazing! Sound like some good goals to get you to the end of the year…by the way, how’d you let that massage thing go so long?! Get on that 😉
WOW if this is life with no goals then I am really goal-less… My biggest goal sometimes is making sure my kids and I are fully dressed everyday! LOL Congratulations on all that you have accomplished so far! I’m inspired!!!
Wow! You have met some impressive goals! I am finished with all of my goal races for the year so am now going to focus on gearing up for next years racing season. If you do marathon #17 I hope you rock it but don’t do it if you are having a possible injury. Keep up the amazing running!
I am seriously ashamed of you for your #4. Girl! Massages are so important. Go. Massage. Feel better.
I also had the goal of 14 halfs in 2014. Done…with 3 more scheduled by year end! I am currently trying to “train” for my next half. As you may have experienced, when I do a lot of halfs I get caught in constant taper & recovery modes. Hope you get a chance to do #17.
OMG you are right where I am with this one – 4.Actually use the massage gift certificate I got when I turned 40 (yes, I’m 44…). I’m also 44 but have had mine for about 1.5 years. I REALLY need to use it. I’m so lame. You ran 5 halfs in 5 days? Bowing down, I’m not worthy. That is awesome – seriously. I’d say you smashed some pretty nice and serious goals this year even with 2 months to go.
Looking back, I think I made very general goals for 2014. I didn’t make SMART goals because I was fearful of failure, but this year, 2015 will be different!
I literally LOL’ed at your #4 above– I have that same 40th BD massage gift certificate and I’m 46– can so relate! I need to force myself to do something other running and taking care of my family.
I’m struggling with goals right now. Usually I’m big on them and always, always set them. For some reason not so much in 2014. I’m inspired!!
You’ve done so much already! Wow! You definitely deserve that massage!
Great job! Those are amazing goals and way to meet and exceed many of them! 🙂
I love that you are always so good at setting goals and then you end up meeting many (if not all) of them!!
I rarely set goals these days – maybe that’s my biggest problem!!!
I giggled a bit when I read “BURP” you are so good at setting and reaching goals!
Wow!!! You ran 16 half marathons this year??? That is amazing!!! I am happy to run 3 or 4. You really up the ante when it comes to goal making!
The goals I set were more of intentions or directions to take. And I am happy with my progress in them!
That than my completing 14 races this year, I didn’t hit any of my goals. Some of that was because of the Plantar Fasciitis I’ve had since June. The rest, just didn’t pan out. But I have plans for 2015…
It’s just so much better to have goals. Mine for 2014 are done. I have to admit, I’m feeling a little lost right now!
I did sign up for a half in March. I’m back to training at the gym to “rebuild”.
that is a lot of runs! amazing! I love that you have taken the time to start working on you goals- I need to do the same!
It’s always great when we reach our goals, 5 halfs in 5 days….I could barely handle a 5K and half marathon in the same weekend! A massage sounds great! #wowlinkup
Is your massage gift certificate still valid? I just got a wonderful Thai/deep tissue massage last week and it was badly needed. I like these “to d0 lists” I need to do one too. #wowlinkup
Wow you’ve accomplished a lot this year! Awesome job and way to set new goals to keep yourself going! #wowlinkup
If you aren’t going to use those gift certificates I would gladly take them off your hands! You have accomplished so much this year. I just started doing small monthly goals and plan to keep that up into the next year!