I started 2014 with some amazing goals and totally rocked until the end of May. I feel like the minute I finished ZOOMA Annapolis my motivation went on vacation and I’ve been struggling to find it again. Despite the lack of motivation, I still managed 3 more half marathons and Ragnar. But, I still have 2 months left of 2014 and I need to find a way to get off my rear and back out there. Since I’ve pretty much finished all of the goals I set at the beginning of the year, I’m setting 5 new goals to get me through 2014.
- Get back on an exercise schedule that includes movement at least 6 days a week.
- Find one of the many end of year fitness challenges and actually participate.
- If my foot allows, train (yes, actually train) for one more half marathon. If my foot doesn’t, see my podiatrist.
- Actually use the massage gift certificate I got when I turned 40 (yes, I’m 44…)
- Use the Kettlebell class gift certificate I won and actually do some cross training!
How are your goals going for 2014? Are you on track or in need of a little boost?
And just in case you wonder, here’s what I’ve already accomplished this year.
- Finish another five half marathons in five days. Did it. Rocked it! Want to do it again. I’m aiming for Center of the Nation in fall 2015. I also ran day 1 of the Appalachian Series to get my redemption in West Virginia. (It wasn’t much of a redemption as I ran my 3rd slowest half ever, but I had a heck of a fun time!)
- Run 14 16 half marathons in 2014. Done. Is it wrong to admit I’m toying with #17? Perhaps that will get me moving again…
- Run half marathons in 4 new states and one new country. 4 new states, 1 country, and two new half marathon states. I’d say I rocked this goal.
- Keep moving our whole family down the path towards healthier eating and more movement. Beer Geek moved himself down this path and rides his bike regularly. Shoo will be playing on two soccer teams in the fall. Guess that means I need to convince Jones to be a runner. Jones actually ran a mile with me recently. Now to get him to continue…
- Move on the days I’m not running – a minimum of fifteen minutes. I suck at this. I’m good for a bit and then I slack. I’ve done a couple of boot camps recently and realized I have zero functional fitness. Still sucking at this…
- Get back to a point where I’m comfortable in all of my clothes. Thank goodness for spanx. That is all.
- Consistently work the number of hours each month that I’m supposed to hit. No worries here. I’ve been crazy busy. I’m working for my usual job, I’m working shifts at the public library, I’m writing for RunHaven, and I’ve worked a couple of races.
- Keep building my skills with Google Apps, especially in creating Google Sites. This is going well for me.
- Actually attend a BURP (homebrewers/beer lovers) event. Yeah someday…
- Take a trip with Beer Geek. Got this one done and already planning 2! trips next year. Thank goodness I have awesome parents.
- Be more social. This continues to go well. I’ve actually got 3 shifts at the public library this week, we’ve got a beer event next weekend, and then it’s the holiday season.