I have a lot of big things in my life to be grateful for and, believe me, I don’t take those things for granted. But sometimes, you just need to revel in the small things:
- The weather today is AMAZING! Sunny but cool. I was actually a little bit chilled when I walked Shoo to school this morning.
- The sweet package I got in the mail from Kindrunner this week. Love it!
- Walking to school with my younger son everyday. Last year we got out of the habit of walking, but so far this year, Jones has walked every day and Shoo and I have walked every day but one.
- Did I mention the weather? Such a pleasant walk this morning.
- These came in the mailbox this week too. Preliminary testing says “awesome!”
- I bought Jones a winter jacket. He actually likes it. (He hasn’t had a real winter jacket in 3 years, but he’ll need it for walking to middle school.) Even better, it was only $25 at Costco!
- I’m getting stronger. I’m a slacker when it comes to strength training, but I did some moves easily today that I really struggled with in a past Best Body Bootcamp round. Just imagine how strong I’d be if I didn’t sometimes halfass the workouts.
- Trading a pair of running shoes that didn’t work for me for this:
- My dad has signed up for his first half marathon. We’ll be running together in mid October for my 9th half marathon of the year. (And by together, I mean he’s promised to stick with me for 10 miles and then evaluate. Read: 10 miles together and then he leaves me in the dust.)
- And the weather. Have I ever mentioned how much I love Virginia in the fall? Almost makes up for how much I hate it in July and August. Almost.
What are you thankful for today? Are you celebrating the end of summer or hating the cooler weather?
Don’t forget to enter my Honest Tea giveaway!
(Disclaimer: Some of the above products I got for free. All opinions are my own.)