First off, the review:
• Vitamin C + E, those mighty antioxidants that combat tissue breakdown.
• Sodium and potassium to restore electrolyte balance.
• Exclusive blend of complex and simple carbohydrates.
- I bought new kicks yesterday at Pacers. I got the Mizuno Wave Rider 13s. I love my old Wave Riders and I’m sort of scared to use the new Saucony’s for a 19 mile run, but all of my other shoes are in bad shape. I also got to meet the “Leprechaun” who’ll be trying to pass everyone at the Four Courts Four Miler. I figured out that he’ll likely pass me at about mile 2, despite starting 6 minutes behind me.
- Shoo and I are about to head to the doctor for a strep test for him. His throat looks just like Jones’, sigh. He also has a cold and spent last night coughing until he threw up. Ahh, the joys of parenthood.
- I got to meet Dorothy from Mile Posts the other day when I picked up my National Marathon volunteering info. Unfortunately, I didn’t take a camera. Speaking of, she could still use a few more volunteers!
- After several days of beautiful weather, it’s raining. It’s expected to continue for the next couple of days, which means I’ll be racing in the rain. I don’t generally mind that, but there are grates in the road on the very steep hill that are slippery when wet. I will either have to slow down on the downhill (really don’t want to do that) or risk falling on my butt (not fond of that idea either).