Riverboat Series Half Marathon – Tennessee
April 13, 2014
Temp: mid-60s, humid, and windy
What I wore: hat, short sleeve shirt, Skirt Sports Happy Girl skirt,
PROCompression socks, and (sadly) a new pair of Brooks Pure Flow 2
This race was everything that the first one wasn’t. It was all paved, the hills were slight rollers, and there was a good amount of shade. I woke up feeling pretty good and was ready to go. In fact, I rocked the first five miles and then made the decision to slow down so I would have enough for the rest of the week. Unfortunately, at mile 8, I discovered that the Brooks shoes hurt my foot. The last four miles were a bit of a struggle as I tried to land lightly and not hurt my foot. Even with the foot pain, I had a great race and a really fun time!
- The course was in the woods on pavement with slight rollers – basically the perfect course for me.
- As expected, the race was incredibly well organized and the food options were awesome.
- After having dinner with a bunch of runners after the first race, I had tons of new friends on the course.
- Real bathrooms. Always a favorite.
- I met someone who’s cadence matched mine really well and we ran and chatted for almost the entire first half of the race. (She went on to rock out a marathon in 4:30ish)
- My foot pain. It’s the same I used to get. Apparently the Altra Intuitions really are what are helping my foot. At least I’ve found a solution.
- There really was nothing ugly about this race. It went really, really well for me and I felt good during and after!
Make sure to enter my 5 things giveaway for the five half marathons in five days!!!
2 down, 3 to go!