Riverboat Series Half Marathon -Mississippi
April 15, 2014
Temp: low 40s and windy
What I wore: hat, Bondi band, short sleeve shirt, YMX arm sleeves, Skirt Sports Happy Girl skirt,
PROCompression socks, Brooks Essential Run jacket, gloves, and my trusty Altra Intuitions
Once again, the weather decided to throw us for a loop. It was cold and windy, but sunny. I was so glad that on a whim I’d packed a pair of gloves and my arm sleeves! The course was another mostly flat 1.31 mile out and back. Thanks to the previous day’s rain, the course was changed a bit and I liked the change a lot. This was the first race where I could tell I had trained hard all winter and I felt AWESOME the entire time.
- The course was paved and mostly flat.
- I chatted with tons of different runners. Everyone was so happy to not be sopping wet!
- I felt great! I think I had a smile on my face for the entire run.
- Beer Geek’s mom and step-dad were camping there, so they got to see me run.
- Chocolate creme Oreos.
- The wind. Since it was two out and back legs to make up the 1.31 miles, we had the wind in our faces about half the time.
- I missed having Kim and her friends to share the experience with.
- Nothing. It was an awesome race.
And, just in case you were wondering how we kept track of all the laps, take a look at my arm…
Each time we finished a lap we got a rubber band!
Make sure to enter my 5 things giveaway for the five half marathons in five days!!!
4 down, 1 to go!
Race 1 recap: Kentucky
Race 2 recap: Tennessee
Race 3 recap: Arkansas