Tuesdays on the Run is getting into the spirit of the season, so join me today for Halloween on the Run.
First, I have to wish a happy 12th birthday to our little Halloween surprise. He came early and fast and joined us unexpectedly on the morning of Halloween. It’s hard to believe it’s been 12 years.
I confess I only let him get it because I plan to wear it to cheer at races…
Halloween has always been a favorite holiday and now it’s even more fun. But figuring out costumes has never been my strong point. I’ve been such unimaginative things as a cowboy, a princess, and a librarian (ok, I was the sexy librarian dressed in a spandex dress and 4 inch heals, but still…) I can’t be the only one who needs a costume at the last minute…
So here are some fun and easy costumes you can do with Skirt Sports items (’cause you know that’s all I have in my closet…) Skirt Sports links are Affiliate Links. Use code FALL20WIN for 20% off.
- Pair the black skirt or tights of your choice with the black Tough Chik top. Add some ears and a tail (easily obtained at Target, but also not difficult to make with a little DIY at home). Voila, you are a cat. Add a “COPY” and you are a copy cat. Take off the ears and tail and add a white circle and you can be a hole in the ozone layer. Or become an 8 ball. Really, the possibilities are endless.
- Take a longer black skirt (I recommend the Happy Girl or the aptly named Sorceress), add the ruby Tough Chik top, snag a tie from some guy (husband, boyfriend, random stranger) and add a cape and a wand and you are Hermoine. This is another one you can totally DIY with random things in your house or add accessories from a costume store.
- Pick your favorite shorter skirt (the Lioness and the Jette are perfect) and add a same colored top. Boom! with a little DIY your are a cheerleader. Homemade pompoms and a letter on your chest make the costume.
- Pair a skirt in the Stargaze print with a red top, some red compression socks, and a little ingenuity and boom – you are Wonder Woman. Or cheat like I do and wear a black skirt and a tank found on Amazon.
- Have you seen the Safari print? It just screams “80s chick”. A few bangles, some teased hair, and an old t-shirt that you’ve turned into an Flash Dance sort of style and there you have it.
What’s your favorite easy costume? I’d love to hear about fun costumes you’ve made without a trip to the costume store!
And don’t forget our new topics! Yes, I even updated my Tuesdays on the Run page…
- Nov 7 Winter motivation
- Nov 14 Runner’s gift list
- Nov 21 Thankful
- Nov 28 Rate your month
- Dec 5 Favorite Race in 2017
- Dec 12 Something new you tried in 2017 or want to try in 2018
- Dec 19 Year in pics/show us your bling
- Dec 26 Looking back on 2017
- Jan 2 Goals for 2018