I live in the land of the Type A personality. Everyone here works a zillion hours and has their kids in 5000 activities. OK, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but only a bit. In fact, around here, it’s almost a badge of honor to proclaim how busy you are. And as one of my friends says when this happens, “You don’t own busy.” I have no leg to stand on in these comparisons. Our family is a bit unusual around here. We’ve made some choices that allow us all some free time and a decent amount of unstructured family time.
This week? I own busy.
We have the perfect storm of crazy going on:
- Jones has 4! afterschool orchestra practices, two of which are in the evening
- We have an appointment to get the boys their passports
- Yesterday I worked at the reference desk, losing 4 hours of my usual chore time, after losing an hour of time to the clock
- I have a ton of work to catch up on from my other job from last week
- I’m spending multiple hours volunteering at the RNR expo
- Jones has his orchestral assessment on Saturday
- I have the RNR USA half marathon on Saturday
- I have to drive to Jones’ assessment because they need large vehicles to drive the large instruments (since I have both a large vehicle and a child who plays one of the large instruments, I’m feeling like I have to drive…)
- The elementary school auction is Saturday night (ok, I WANT to go to that, but still it’s one more thing).
- Let’s not talk about how stupid late I went to sleep last night, thanks to the time change. Could we just stop messing with the times? Pick one. Stick with it. That is all.
Really, it doesn’t seem like much, does it.
But here’s the kicker – I have to run 50 miles this week! I’m running 10 miles a day for the next 3 days. I don’t often care that I’m not a fast runner, but this is one of the weeks that it would really help if I was LOL.
Do you ever have weeks like that, where by accident or poor planning, you are wall to wall busy? I’m not a fan…
6 days until the adventure begins! Even better, I’m working on a little somethin’ somethin’ for my awesome readers. Hint: it rhymes with shmivaway…
And on the bright side, I did run in a skirt this weekend and long sleeves were too much! And it looks like we have a few more days like that this week. C’mon Spring!
10 thoughts on “I’m owning busy”
that was my last week.
this week be mo’ mellow so Ill send all my YOU GOT THIS! GO OWN YOU THE BUSY vibes YOU way.
Dang girl, that is busy!! Part of me dreads the kids getting older to avoid all of those extra activities 🙂
You totally own busy! Yikes. As for the temps…. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this weather is here to stay, but since I live in bi-polar weather central, I am not holding my breath. =)
I’m tired just reading what you’ve got lined up 🙂 I’m not a fan of those kinds of weeks either and have had far too many of them lately! Good luck!!
Good luck with awesome mileage and crazy week, you can do it!
Good luck with your crazy week! Maybe I’ll see you working at the Rock ‘n’ Roll expo this weekend since I’m also registered to run the half.
I like the “owning of busy” instead of letting it own you. I hate weeks like that where 1 or both of the boys have something (or several things) every night – that is what we are currently doing but I’m looking forward to spring break next week!!! We aren’t traveling because my oldest has a band trip the first part of the break and play practice the rest of the week but it will still be a nice low-key week!
You do have a crazy amount of stuff going on right now! Those are the weeks where I wish I could go out and get a 4 mile run done in like 30 minutes but my slow legs never let that happen!
When you’re that busy it’s all about prioritising. You can’t do everything so if some things get neglected well it’s just too bad. Good luck.
I am buried in busy and desperate to see a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel! Good luck with all your running!