This week? It can kiss my rear. We’ve had wacky weather – Tuesday I had an hour each way drive in the pouring rain, Wednesday we had crazy thunderstorms, and Thursday the wind was wild. My battery died in my car at Shoo’s soccer practice and the dad types were unable to jump it. Thank goodness for our AAA membership and a really nice guy who used their super jump thingy (I know, I’m so technical) to get it running. I sat in the car in our driveway for an hour with the engine running, hoping the car will start in the morning so I can take it to the dealership. So, my runfessions might have a bit more to do with my frustration than running.
- Running? I haven’t been doing a lot of that. In fact, Thursday’s 4.5 mile run was my first run this week and I’m not running today. Did I mention that I have a half marathon on March 12? Yeah…
- I’ve been carbo loading like it’s my job. No bread is safe in my house. You’d think I was training and running lots of miles. Umm, nope. Just eating like I am.
- I finally got home last night from the battery fiasco/soccer practice and I really wanted a cookie. Eat your feelings much? We didn’t have any without dairy (mostly because I inhaled the ones from Kate Bakes), so I had to settle for a beer. I know, hard life.
- I may have also worked my frustration out with my credit card. Skirt Sports put up a new pattern last night and I admit I bought it the minute it showed up. I will not, however, ‘fess up to what else might have landed in my cart. A girl has to have some secrets… If you’d like to help fund my obsession, feel free to buy through my Skirt Sports affiliate link and use my MCM20 code for 20% off (works even if you don’t use my link).
- So, about that half… Is it totally crazy that I’m kind of looking at it as the kickoff to my training for the 7 half marathons in 7 days? I mean, obviously, right now my head is not in the game and it’s getting in the way of training. I always love racing, so I’m hopeful that my training mojo will come back as I get a nice runner’s high from being surrounded by the crowds. Let’s just not talk about how long I’ll be out there, m’kay?
I’m linking up with Marcia for Runfessions and Courtney, Cynthia, and Mar for Friday Five. Here’s hoping that next week throws fewer curve balls my way.
20 thoughts on “It’s Friday, so it must be runfession time”
I can totally relate to your runfessions this month. I think February is just a hard month to get through. I’m supposed to be at the track sometime today but I’m listening to that wind whipping around outside and thinking that I’ll be lucky if I just do my speed work on my treadmill. Good luck getting the mojo going!
Your week has been a doozy! Hope the car gets fixed soon.
I know how you feel about not training for a half–I just ran the Disney Princess half and the furthest distance I did during training was 6 miles. I kept telling myself I would finish even if I walked the whole thing. I actually ran one of my better times, though!
Ugh on the car thing. Once I was picking up Thing 1 from day camp and I cut the corner too close, and my tired exploded. Like total blowout. The entire day camp was playing outside. It was the most embarrassing thing. Then sweet day camp boys put on my spare. After they dug it out from under the child seats and a year’s supply of moldy fish crackers. I cringe.
Glad you had the beer.
Sounds like a rough few days! Beer and cookies are the jam though. I love that new skirt print! I think I’ll be ordering the Emerald City print soon, but I just can’t make up my mind. I can’t wait to start my “real” job so I can buy it all!
Ah retail therapy. There’s nothing quite like it, is there?
Haha! Beer is the best carb loading there is.
I think this is the first Runfessions I didn’t runfess to overspending. And now you post that skirt. Damn it!
I also have a half marathon coming up in March and I haven’t been running as much as I should – justa lack of motivation and time, but I hope to get my butt into gear starting this weekend!
Yikes! Sorry about all the car trouble! Hope your weekend goes better and you have some nicer weather too!
Hmm I’m thinking after that week some retail therapy makes perfect sense to me! Hope things settle down – have a good weekend!
Ahh, we have some similar runfessions! Sorry to hear about the car battery, that had to be SO frustrating. I’ve never run the DC half so I don’t really know what to expect, plus I’m not planning to race it. I hope we can find a way to meet!!
I tried to buy a new SkirtSports skirt this week and their website never works right. This time, I had a code/card to apply (given to me by them), but when I attempted to use it – its said it didn’t belong to me. What? It also wanted me to reset my password – and then wouldn’t do it. Very frustrating. It’s the one reason I know have much of their stuff! Rant over. That is a cute pattern! I hope your car is an easy fix.
This whole month can kiss mine. I’ll be quite happy to get to March. All I wanted to do when I got home yesterday was open a bottle of wine and skip strength training. I settled on white wine, which meant it had to chill a little bit, so I did do strength training while I waited. Multi-tasking.
i am with you on being done with this week, friend. i am OVER IT!
I’ve been eating lots of carbs too! Must be the weather. I am excited for the new print too
I’m jealous of your beer selections! And super cute skirt!
I can totally relate.
Just bought another GGU that I don’t need and almost signed up for another half.
So I can’t help you keep on track.
7 marathons in 7 days? Wow! And, that skirt is so dang cute! I absolutely LOVE my skirt sports. I hope they carry it in GymGirl! I couldn’t live without the pockets on the thighs. Food… let’s talk about food – I have been inhaling any and all food! I’m with ya girl!
Next week can only get better! Love the new skirt! I love their stuff too!
Those weeks happen…. hope next week is better !
Cute skirt! I think you needed it whether or not your battery had died.