This week? It can kiss my rear. We’ve had wacky weather – Tuesday I had an hour each way drive in the pouring rain, Wednesday we had crazy thunderstorms, and Thursday the wind was wild. My battery died in my car at Shoo’s soccer practice and the dad types were unable to jump it. Thank goodness for our AAA membership and a really nice guy who used their super jump thingy (I know, I’m so technical) to get it running. I sat in the car in our driveway for an hour with the engine running, hoping the car will start in the morning so I can take it to the dealership. So, my runfessions might have a bit more to do with my frustration than running.
- Running? I haven’t been doing a lot of that. In fact, Thursday’s 4.5 mile run was my first run this week and I’m not running today. Did I mention that I have a half marathon on March 12? Yeah…
- I’ve been carbo loading like it’s my job. No bread is safe in my house. You’d think I was training and running lots of miles. Umm, nope. Just eating like I am.
- I finally got home last night from the battery fiasco/soccer practice and I really wanted a cookie. Eat your feelings much? We didn’t have any without dairy (mostly because I inhaled the ones from Kate Bakes), so I had to settle for a beer. I know, hard life.
- I may have also worked my frustration out with my credit card. Skirt Sports put up a new pattern last night and I admit I bought it the minute it showed up. I will not, however, ‘fess up to what else might have landed in my cart. A girl has to have some secrets… If you’d like to help fund my obsession, feel free to buy through my Skirt Sports affiliate link and use my MCM20 code for 20% off (works even if you don’t use my link).
- So, about that half… Is it totally crazy that I’m kind of looking at it as the kickoff to my training for the 7 half marathons in 7 days? I mean, obviously, right now my head is not in the game and it’s getting in the way of training. I always love racing, so I’m hopeful that my training mojo will come back as I get a nice runner’s high from being surrounded by the crowds. Let’s just not talk about how long I’ll be out there, m’kay?