It’s kind of miserable out there today: 30something degrees and raining. That’s quite possibly my least favorite kind of weather. Also, I have a cold AGAIN. Seriously? Before this winter, I would have said I hardly ever get sick. This winter, I feel like I’ve had a cold more than I haven’t had a cold. I’m done with winter. I’m handing in my Wisconsin girl card and asking for summer. (Remind me of this when it’s 99* with matching humidity around here.) I want to just curl up in my bed and feel sorry for myself.
But, I’m not going to do that. I have way too much going on, so I’m gonna find my inner optimist and make it a good day.
Some good things and some lemons I’m turning into lemonade:
- It’s a mild cold. I’m just snotty mcsnotterson (to quote my son).
- It’s rain. Not snow. My children are at school, instead of having another day they’d need to make up.
- I got hired to work another race. I love being involved with the organizational end of races and to be paid to do it just makes it even more sweet.
- Working said race has made me juggle my half marathon schedule, but I think it may turn out even better than I’d planned.
- Last week’s training was awesome. I hit every run. I made my total mileage as planned. I ran 13.1. I even went on a 6 mile run that I finished in under an hour without feeling like I was going to puke. Win!
- This week is a fall back week, so if I have to take it easier because of the cold, it won’t have a huge impact on my training.
- My parents are visiting this week! My dad and I are even running in the Cupid 5k at Mosaic, since they gave me two free entries!
- In the next day or so, I’ll be buying our tickets to Ireland. The minute they are purchased, I’m signing up for a half marathon there.
Yeah, life can be overwhelming and I seem to always have too many balls in the air and man, having a cold again sucks. But! It’s a good life, a busy life, and I’m able to follow my dreams where they lead for the most part.
This? I don’t know how to spin this. The cat is obsessed with the gecko. It can’t end well.
I’d love to hear what’s good in your life! And hopefully, you aren’t the gecko this week…
8 thoughts on “It’s not snow”
I’ll be running the Cupid 5K too! They gave me entries too! See you there! Hope you feel better. I’m sick again too and SO OVER this winter.
Sorry you’re sick, but your list of good things is pretty good! =) Weather today IS icky, but like you, I’m grateful my son got to go to school! I’m OVER winter and if we have another snow day, I may just lose the last of my marbles! =)
My high point today was a great speed session (I think the lower temps and humidity had a hand in that). Followed by finding I had all the ingredients to try a new recipe in the slow cooker – as long as the meat thaws quickly.
Ugh to the snotty cold – even if it doesn’t make you feel horrible it can wear you down.
Hooray to buying tickets to Ireland – definitely something to look forward to!!
Ireland! So amazing.
Not as miserable as -5, 30 mph wind and snow everywhere 🙁 Looks like you were able to successfully turn this into a good or at least better day. Hope ya feel better!
three cheers for PARENTAL VISITS!!!!!
I envy you. First and foremost because you run and just thinking about that exhausts me. That you do so in the cold freezes my inner core. I live in Miami and the weather is usually beautiful enough for even a daily stroll but I am always so tired to venture out.