I mentioned last week the new online shoe store that gives back, Kindrunner.com. It’s a nice deal for everyone involved: after purchasing a pair of shoes and returning one of your old pairs, you get credit towards any product Kindrunner sells. Those shoes are then sent to organizations that will make sure they are given to someone in need. Someone in need gets a pair of shoes and one more pair of shoes doesn’t end up in the landfill. Win/win for everyone!
In addition to the “kind” aspect, Kindrunner.com offers the following cool things:
- Confident Runner Pricing – By waiving the free return option, customers get a discount. Shipping of product to customer is still free, as is the return shipping of donated shoes for Kindness Cash Rewards Program. This is perfect for those of us who re-buy the same shoe over and over as long as a particular model is available!
- Free 3 Way Shipping – Free shipping of your order to you, free shipping of any returns for any reason, free shipping of your donated shoes back to Kindrunner for re-purposing with Soles 4 Souls or The More Foundation Group.
- Kindness Cash Rewards Program – This is what turns your old shoes into credit towards new ones or any product on our website. KCR are available after any footwear purchase (the idea behind this is to replace your old shoes with new ones, and keep the old ones out of the garbage, landfills, or ones closet… thus why it is available after footwear purchase). Upon receipt of their footwear order, customers have the option to place their old shoes into the KindRunner shipping box and place the pre-paid return label on the box for shipment back to Kindrunner. Upon receipt of the label, the bar code will be scanned and the KCR will be placed onto the customers account for future use. Each return label (whether it contain one pair or 4 pairs of shoes) is worth $10 KCR per new shoes purchased (5 pairs purchased on that order, you can earn up to $50 KCR) or credits towards future purchase. The KCR can be used to purchase ANYTHING that kindrunner sells and will never expire.
- Expert Product Reviews – Each and every product will come with an expert product review video on the same page that the product is listed on. These videos are done by individuals who have worked in the running industry for a number of years either as shoe reps, store owners, or expert shoe fitters at one of the oldest running stores in the nation.
- Easy 365 returns – A customer has 365 days to return any product, so long as it is in its original packaging and in its original condition. If you are injured and unable to use the shoe, if your doctor wants you in a different model because of orthotics, no worries… no questions asked!
I did a little snooping on the site yesterday and the prices on the shoes I wear are competitive. I like the free shipping and the concept behind the repurposing of the shoes. And I certainly have enough shoes to be repurposed… ahem.
So, go check them out and see what you think.
And if you are wondering about my weekend, well, I succeeded in finishing my 14.5 mile trail half marathon.
Yeah, about that, more details tomorrow…
Disclaimer: I am a Kindrunner.com Ambassador. I was not compensated to write this post. All opinions are my own.