I’ve decided that my new mantra is “Every run is a good run.” Yes, some runs are better than others, but every time I get out there and finish some miles, it’s a good thing. Yesterday’s run was one where I hauled it out a bit. The weather was beautiful, I needed the break from the kids, and I hit my goal pace spot on, but my legs felt like dead weights. Thankfully, they felt like dead weights regardless of how fast I was going, so I just ran my goal pace and distance and moved on. ;o)
In other news,
- I may only get 2 or 3 states this year, but I’m getting two big ones. Last night I bought tickets to Salt Lake City, Utah for this summer. We have race plans in Utah and Wyoming. Woohoo for knocking out two big states.
- I have nearly hit my goal with my fundraising. HUGE thank yous to everyone who has donated.
- After yesterday’s run, I managed to do my strengthening workout. I’m definitely seeing improvements in my abs and my arms. I feel it in my butt during and that’s where I’m sore after, but meh, my butt still looks like it always has.
- Yesterday was Jones’ ENT appointment. We are now on “strep watch.” He’s hit the number where everyone recommends removing the tonsils, so if he gets another one this spring, his summer break will include 2 weeks of recovery from surgery. This is not high on my list of activities, so “no strep” thoughts would be appreciated.
- This week I scored tickets to SAVOR again. It sold out super fast, but apparently all the years of summer camp sign up have me quick on the draw. So, there’ll be some beer talk going on in the future…
Have a great day, everyone! Don’t forget my giveaway! You still have a few more days to enter.