Thank you to Groupon Coupon for sponsoring this post.
You all know I love my skirts from Skirt Sports. I pretty much wear something from them every single day at some point (some days I wear multiple things, some days I spend my entire day in Skirt Sports.) Since I became an ambassador, I’ve pretty much bought all the new patterns. Yes, it’s an addiction. No, I don’t buy any other clothes. (This might explain why I had such a hard time finding clothes for the White House, ahem.)
Anyways, sometimes though, I miss an item I really want (or didn’t realize that I really wanted) and it’s gone from their site before I can get it. Usually it’s because I’m not sure how an item will fit and by the time I figure it out, all of last season’s patterns are gone. Occasionally it’s because I decide I like a pattern more than I thought I would and I want another style in that pattern. Whatever the reason, every once in a while I find myself scouring the internet, searching for a specific item. So, I thought I’d share where I have the most luck.
- 6pm.com – This is a great place to find just out of season items. The prices are decent and you can get free shipping if you spend $50+. Don’t forget to check out the new Groupon Coupon page for their coupons too as sometimes you can find $ off or % off coupons. (Just as an FYI, there are lots of other sports companies represented on this site.)
- Sierra Trading Post – This site has a more limited selection, but they tend to have older items and the prices are even better. Better yet, check out the deals on Groupon Coupon page – right now they have a 15% off + half off shipping code! I’ve bought a number of things from them over the years (not just Skirt Sports) with no problems. (I have a couple of those Personali-Tees and sleep in them. So comfy!)
- Ebay – Yeah, this is the treasure trove of older items. You never know what might pop up – a vintage dress or one of the discontinued cycling items. I know several ladies who stalk Ebay for patterns that have been discontinued. (Umm, I may have to buy the dress in this picture!)
- Amazon – I admit I bought what is now one of my favorite skirts from Amazon. I didn’t like the Aberdeen print online but I saw it on my teammates at Ragnar Cape Cod last year and fell in love. I was happy (no pun intended) to find the Happy Girl on amazon long after it had left the Skirt Sports site.
- Facebook – Yes, there are groups dedicated to selling lightly loved fitness gear on Facebook. There’s even one group specifically for Skirt Sports fans. I may have snagged a gym girl ultra or two off of that.
The best part, besides the obvious happiness of getting what I want LOL, is that the above sites (except Facebook) are all part of the Groupon Coupon website. Unlike the Groupon deals (which I happen to love as well), the Coupon site offers an entirely free and an efficient way for shoppers to find thousands of coupons and exclusive promo codes from popular stores and companies. I love being able to look in one place for savings.
Where do you go to find your favorite brands? Do you ever use online coupons to save a few $$?
Disclaimer: Groupon compensated me for this post. All opinions are my own.
8 thoughts on “Looking for vintage Skirt Sports?”
I wish that it was as lucrative for Canadians to buy online… unfortunately the shipping charges and customs fees usually make it prohibitive!
You are modeling my first and still favorite SkirtSports skirt!
I do love a bargain. Mostly I shop at TJMaxx and Marshalls.
I mostly got my clothes from coworkers and Goodwill. I’ve bought some new stuff at the Kroger Marketplace.
Love finding coupons! Always search before making a purchase! They look great on you!
I’m totally an online coupon junkie! I never buy anything without checking sites like groupon, retail me not, or other coupon/promo code sites.
I most DEFINITELY use online coupons when I shop online. This girl loves a bargain! I’ve seen 6pm and Sierra Trading Post floating around, but I’ve never actually ordered from either. I’ll have to give them a second thought now!
Thanks for sharing all these great sites, I hit Facebook and eBay a lot for that reason, I just t a pair o gel-kayano sneakers that were worn once and he person only wanted to be compensated for shipping
Can you please link the Skirt Sports fan FB page? I have tried and tried to find it (I have some vintage SS to sell) with no luck. Thanks!!