This year is going to be epic. I just know it. After all, 13 is my lucky number.
But, you know, even if it’s not epic, that’s ok. I’ll be more than happy with another year of raising healthy, happy boys, hanging with my wonderful husband, spending as much time as possible with my parents, and socializing with my friends. 2012 wasn’t perfect, but it was a good year, and I’d be content with another like it.
With that said, I do have a few goals for this year…
I have one major goal for running this year: Don’t hurt myself.
Everything else is just details.
- Finish my five half marathons in five days. Preferably upright and smiling.
- Run 13 half marathons in 2013 (mix of Virtual and IRL).
- Run 13 IRL races (not exactly difficult when 7 will be done by the end of March.)
- Run races in at least 6 states (again, not that hard when 5 will be done in one week.)
- If all goes well, think about using all that mileage to train for a full in May/June and/or run 2013 miles in 2013. (This one TOTALLY hinges on succeeding with number 1.)
- Get the kids moving with me.
- Cut down on the sugar and the cheese. Aiming for added sugar only 2x per week and no more than one cheese serving a day.
- Get in 2 non-running workouts each week.
- Figure out how to fuel myself for the major mileage I’ve been doing and have healthy food ready to go when the “mileage hungries” hit.
- Buy the stupid bike that I’ve been talking about for two years.
- Continue working for my awesome boss at my job that I enjoy. Get better at balancing my priorities.
- Stop working late at night.
- Enjoy the heck out of working the NWM half in DC.
- Join BURP (a local homebrew club). Really going to do this this year.
- Brew a batch of beer at home. Ok, at least finish buying the equipment I need.
- Go out with Beer Geek without the kids at least once every two weeks.
- Take a trip with Beer Geek. Already got this one booked…
- Continue to slowly clean out the clutter in our house. This year’s focus is turning the playroom into an office by the time summer arrives (the basement is not air conditioned…)
OK, 2013, Bring.It.On. I’m ready.