The topic for today’s Tuesdays on the Run is “Mother’s Day”. Running and moms seem to go hand in hand. (Probably because that’s how we stay sane!)
You just might be a Mother Runner if (with a nod to Jeff Foxworthy)…
- you go days without a shower because you just know you’re going to get that run in soon.
- you’ve ever ran in circles around the cul de sac because your kids are asleep in the house.
- you’ve ever paid for someone to watch your children while you go for a run.
- you think it’s perfectly acceptable to wear running clothes to bed so you can sneak out for a run in the morning.
- you paid more for your running stroller than for your first car.
- you have a “no screens” or “no sugar” policy in your house, but you’ll let your kids watch back to back episodes of Elmo and gorge on Fruit Loops if it means you get your run in.
- all you want for Mother’s Day is a long run and the chance to actually relax in peace afterwards.
- if not that, you’ll take a running watch.
- you’ve never seen your closest friends in anything other than running clothes.
- a girls’ night out starts with running and ends with beer and wine.
- you’ve bribed your kids with a run to the park and you run the longest route there that you can to get in extra miles.
What would you add to the list?
[inlinkz_linkup id=714533 mode=1]