Is it really only Tuesday? I’m having one of those weeks that seems to be flying by, yet hardly moving at the same time. I’m feeling rather scattered, so I’m going to be falling back on bullet points.
- I was supposed to run on Sunday, but my mid-day beer left me feeling highly unmotivated. Instead, I ran 4 miles yesterday on my usual rest day. I averaged a 9 minute pace, but my two middle miles were 8:37 and 8:41. It’s been a while since I saw some 8s, so I was pretty happy.
- Today I ran 6 miles at a 9:47 pace. Sadly, they felt as hard as the fast ones did yesterday. My quads apparently did not appreciate fast miles yesterday after 20 miles on Saturday.
- I’ve pretty much thrown my training plan out the window. The combination of Wednesday long runs, spring break, and a rescheduled long run has gotten me so turned around I can’t quite get back on track. I will get in my 20 next week as called for and I’m trying to hit the number of planned miles and that’s going to have to suffice.
- The nice gentleman at Outside PR who sent me the GU (don’t forget the giveaway if you haven’t entered!) has sent me some of the Ryder sunglasses to review and giveaway. When I asked, I hoped he’d send me one pair to review. Instead, he generously sent me four pairs of active sunglasses (1 for review, three to giveaway) and a pair of casual glasses. The review will happen soon, one pair will be included in the “B.I.G” giveaway and the other two will be given away some other time in the near future. Stay tuned!
Two pairs of “Flange“
Two pairs of “Hex“
And a pair of “Duchess“
- Which of the top four should I keep? Beer Geek and I actually agreed on which pair and I’ve already taken them out running (and LOVED them), but I’m curious to hear what you all think. As far as the Duchess, I think they are a bit big for my face, but they will make awesome driving and poolside sunglasses this summer. (Apologies for the quality of the photos, I took them myself right before I headed out on a run.)
- Instead of posting yesterday and reading blogs today, I actually watched a movie. I never watch movies, but after several months of waiting, I was able to get Julie and Julia from the library. I knew Beer Geek wouldn’t want to watch it, so I watched it in bits and pieces throughout the last two days. I enjoyed it so much that now I want to read the book.
Really, could my life be any more boring?
23 thoughts on “Miscellany”
Nice shades! I think the "Hex" suit you best. YAY for upcming giveaway(s)!Nice job on the runs.. no doubt your legs are recovering from the weekend 20, so don't sweat it that today was tough!
Ohhh, I like all of the glasses but I think #3 is my favorite. I need watch Julie and Julia…people keep saying how good it is.
I like the 3rd one best too, so keep that…or give it away, teehee! Loved Julie and Julia. Love Meryl Streep. Love foodie movies and books! 🙂
I loved that movie. Rewatching Juno now. Also a good movie.
The book was WAY better than the movie. I loved it, read it in two days! My hubby came in while I was watching the movie and gave me a big WTF.I think you are rocking the Hex. I must get in on that giveaway . . . I need some running shades!
Hard to say…I like the hex and flage in black.
The black hex are all you. I seriously need your sweet hook-ups!Good luck getting back on schedule.
Fun looking shades! You've been running a lot of miles lately…no wonder your legs were trying to retaliate! Just remember they were still recovering today. The idea of throwing the training plan out the window? I call that being flexible (and realistic). 🙂
You have a good base and strength in your legs – going freestyle or the rest of the plan shouldn't hurt. I like the first ones, the opalesence sheen on them is kinda cool. And the last ones are totally ridiculous – which is right up my alley 🙂
My vote goes for the black Flange.
I think the Hex look the best on ya. We watch movies in bits and pieces in our house as well. Neither of us can sit still for that long anymore after chasing BW all day!
I like the 3rd picture the best! I like the purple ones too, I just got new oakleys that are simalr to the purple ones but r bright pink. I like the purple but #3 is my fav! You're looking thin!
I like the Hex ones! I think the Duchess ones are good for the pool too! They all look very nice! I like reading books even if I have seen the movie!
love the shades! I am in dire need for some running shades. I like the Hex ones on you but those Flange ones are seriously funky.
I vote for the Hex…
I haven't seen the movie yet, but the book is pretty cute. I like the hex!!
Sometimes boring is good. I like the Hex on you! And feel free to send the last pair to me!
Love the pics in the shades – hot!I love watching a movie when I'm on the treadmill – you get to watch it over the span of a couple of days and some times it's my motivation to get going, ha!Now, it's Wednesday – hump day! Whoo hoo!
I like the Hex. Nice job on your runs!
I vote for the second pair of Flange and the first pair of Hex!! You could be a shades model:)I really loved the movie Julie and Julia…it made me want to flipping start taking French cooking classes:) Good job on your runs!
First pair of Hex – hands down. Listen to nobody else. Well, unless you like bad advice! 🙂
I like the last pair as actual sunglasses, but will they really work as running sunglasses?
like the black hex 🙂