Is it really only Tuesday? I’m having one of those weeks that seems to be flying by, yet hardly moving at the same time. I’m feeling rather scattered, so I’m going to be falling back on bullet points.
- I was supposed to run on Sunday, but my mid-day beer left me feeling highly unmotivated. Instead, I ran 4 miles yesterday on my usual rest day. I averaged a 9 minute pace, but my two middle miles were 8:37 and 8:41. It’s been a while since I saw some 8s, so I was pretty happy.
- Today I ran 6 miles at a 9:47 pace. Sadly, they felt as hard as the fast ones did yesterday. My quads apparently did not appreciate fast miles yesterday after 20 miles on Saturday.
- I’ve pretty much thrown my training plan out the window. The combination of Wednesday long runs, spring break, and a rescheduled long run has gotten me so turned around I can’t quite get back on track. I will get in my 20 next week as called for and I’m trying to hit the number of planned miles and that’s going to have to suffice.
- The nice gentleman at Outside PR who sent me the GU (don’t forget the giveaway if you haven’t entered!) has sent me some of the Ryder sunglasses to review and giveaway. When I asked, I hoped he’d send me one pair to review. Instead, he generously sent me four pairs of active sunglasses (1 for review, three to giveaway) and a pair of casual glasses. The review will happen soon, one pair will be included in the “B.I.G” giveaway and the other two will be given away some other time in the near future. Stay tuned!
And a pair of “Duchess“
- Which of the top four should I keep? Beer Geek and I actually agreed on which pair and I’ve already taken them out running (and LOVED them), but I’m curious to hear what you all think. As far as the Duchess, I think they are a bit big for my face, but they will make awesome driving and poolside sunglasses this summer. (Apologies for the quality of the photos, I took them myself right before I headed out on a run.)
- Instead of posting yesterday and reading blogs today, I actually watched a movie. I never watch movies, but after several months of waiting, I was able to get Julie and Julia from the library. I knew Beer Geek wouldn’t want to watch it, so I watched it in bits and pieces throughout the last two days. I enjoyed it so much that now I want to read the book.