I’m feeling really scattered, so today’s gonna be all about the bullet points.
- Today I chaperoned a 1st grade field trip to the zoo. I actually enjoyed it. (Yes, that’s Jones in the dinosaur head)
- I also volunteered as the class mom for Shoo’s class next year and accepted the nomination for PTA secretary for Jones’ school.
- It looks like I may also be organizing the end of the season party for Jones’ soccer team for the third season in a row.
- I’m still wondering how I became a “soccer mom”, but at least I don’t drive a minivan (instead I cram kids and stuff into a Civic. My “green” side is happy).
- I’m throwing out the rest of the box of FiberOne bars. Yes, I do learn from my mistakes – sometimes it just takes more than one try.
- I heard from a friend who volunteered at the race that as far as she could tell, the water we drank came from garden hoses. EWWW! Good thing I subscribe to the “exposure to germs strengthens your immune system” method of parenting.
- There was also some sort of problem with the mixing of the ‘ade at the race. I told her I didn’t want to know.
- I ran a really hot, windy recovery run this afternoon. Afterwards I looked at Garmin and discovered I’d run the three miles in 9:12. 9:06, and 8:36. Where did that come from?