Do you have clothing items you reach for over and over again? Or a favorite pot that you cook in more often than all the others combined? Or a comfy blanket that gets chosen again and again? I think we are all tend to favor certain things over others and I know that for me, this includes running items. Since today’s topic for Friday Five 2.0 is “things you’d buy again”, I thought I’d share the five things I tend to reach for all.the.time.
- Garmin watch – I currently have the Garmin 220 and love it. It has amazing battery life and is simple to set up and use. I know that there are a lot more advanced Garmins out there, but I simply need to know how far I went and how long it took me to run each mile.
- Happy Girl skirts – I love love love these skirts. I may “cheat” on them with the Gym Girl Ultra in the hot hot summer or the Lotta Breeze Capri or Go The Distance tights in the winter, but Happy Girl is my first love. That’s probably why I have more than 20 of them…
- Brooks Essential Run Jacket – This is my go to jacket. I take it anytime I am traveling to a race. It’s perfect as a light jacket in a chilly rain (it’s not waterproof, it just holds my heat in). It’s perfect with layers under it on a cold day. Other than my Garmin, it is the item that gets more use than any other. I haven’t seen a new version in a while, so if you see an old one, snap it up!
- Addaday Pro Massage Roller (affiliate link) – I have a love hate relationship with this thing. I hate how it feels when I’m using it (especially that little red knob), but OMG do I love how much better I feel after I use it. It’s a pretty amazing tool. I bought it on a whim, but after a rep really showed me how to use it properly at Ragnar (along with a comment of “Whoa, that’s a HUGE knot in your calf” LOL), I find that it will loosen almost every tight muscle I manage to get.
- Amphipod Handheld water bottle – I love this so much I’ve bought the small one (12 oz) 3 times LOL. I use this on every single run in the summer and anything over 6 miles the rest of the year. I even use it when I run marathons and just refill it at water stops. I have teeny hands and many handhelds don’t fit well in my hand, but these fit so comfortably that I kind of forget I have it with me. I also bought the bigger one (20oz), but I don’t run with that often – I just use the bottle most of the time. And I haven’t replaced it due to defects, but rather because I left one on a plane and I fell on another one so frequently that it started to leak.
What are your favorite products that you’d buy again? I’d love to hear about them as I have lots of runners in my life who need Christmas presents.
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday Five 2.0
13 thoughts on “My Perennial Running Favorites”
You do love your Happy Girls! I am loving all the new winter gear. That jacket looks great too can’t have too many or can you? Hope to see you for coffee tomorrow
I didn’t put this on my list because I didn’t actually buy it (it was a gift), but I like my Roo. Right now my phone fits perfectly in it but when I upgrade I don’t think the next one will..boo!
I would buy my Northface Sailfin Hydration pack again. That thing has been through hell and back with me!
I have a couple Boathouse jackets from high school and college, and they’re great for layering. They’re not waterproof either, but they’re easy to run in, and like your Brooks jacket, can keep my heat in so I don’t get cold.
My Garmin 220 made my list too, I love it! I need to look into that massage roller. The foam roller isn’t quite enough any more.
I too would buy my Garmin watch again in a heartbeat. I can’t believe I went as long with my running as I did without it!
How funny that we both picked our Garmin and a running jacket! Great minds think alike. 😉
I need to get that roller. I’ve heard nothing but great things. Thanks for linking up!
I have to get a flip belt! I was just remembering you saying about wearing one at work, I need one to carry my cellphone at work!
Saucony bullet tights and capris. I can’t tell you how much I love these. They have firm high waistband that really tames my muffin top, and good sized pockets on each leg. The capris are great year round, and I LOVE the tights. They are not too heavy, so I’ve been wearing them all fall, low 50s into the high 30s. I might want something heavier for sub-freezing temps–I guess we will see about that next week. I recommend them for everyone!
Well….my absolute favorite running shoe EVER was the Mizuno Wave Inspire-8. I bought them as a “last season” purchase and fell instantly in love. All Wave Inspires since then have been good…just not as great (dare I say PERFECT?) as the 8’s were. I wish I would have bought more of them before I realized they were no longer readily available (and I haven’t seen them anywhere on the web). Oh well….
I bought the little amphipods to take skiing – they fit in the pocket of my parka.
The one item I’d buy again is my SPIbelt – that thing (actually I have 3 now) goes with me on every run! Also, I’d definitely buy my AfterShockz headphones again – another running must for me!
I have a Garmin and I love it, will never go to anything else!