Do you have clothing items you reach for over and over again? Or a favorite pot that you cook in more often than all the others combined? Or a comfy blanket that gets chosen again and again? I think we are all tend to favor certain things over others and I know that for me, this includes running items. Since today’s topic for Friday Five 2.0 is “things you’d buy again”, I thought I’d share the five things I tend to reach for all.the.time.
- Garmin watch – I currently have the Garmin 220 and love it. It has amazing battery life and is simple to set up and use. I know that there are a lot more advanced Garmins out there, but I simply need to know how far I went and how long it took me to run each mile.
- Happy Girl skirts – I love love love these skirts. I may “cheat” on them with the Gym Girl Ultra in the hot hot summer or the Lotta Breeze Capri or Go The Distance tights in the winter, but Happy Girl is my first love. That’s probably why I have more than 20 of them…
- Brooks Essential Run Jacket – This is my go to jacket. I take it anytime I am traveling to a race. It’s perfect as a light jacket in a chilly rain (it’s not waterproof, it just holds my heat in). It’s perfect with layers under it on a cold day. Other than my Garmin, it is the item that gets more use than any other. I haven’t seen a new version in a while, so if you see an old one, snap it up!
- Addaday Pro Massage Roller (affiliate link) – I have a love hate relationship with this thing. I hate how it feels when I’m using it (especially that little red knob), but OMG do I love how much better I feel after I use it. It’s a pretty amazing tool. I bought it on a whim, but after a rep really showed me how to use it properly at Ragnar (along with a comment of “Whoa, that’s a HUGE knot in your calf” LOL), I find that it will loosen almost every tight muscle I manage to get.
- Amphipod Handheld water bottle – I love this so much I’ve bought the small one (12 oz) 3 times LOL. I use this on every single run in the summer and anything over 6 miles the rest of the year. I even use it when I run marathons and just refill it at water stops. I have teeny hands and many handhelds don’t fit well in my hand, but these fit so comfortably that I kind of forget I have it with me. I also bought the bigger one (20oz), but I don’t run with that often – I just use the bottle most of the time. And I haven’t replaced it due to defects, but rather because I left one on a plane and I fell on another one so frequently that it started to leak.
What are your favorite products that you’d buy again? I’d love to hear about them as I have lots of runners in my life who need Christmas presents.