It’s time for Friday Five and the topic is Holiday Wish Lists. I’m going to share my wish list of things I’d like to find under the tree, which shares some similarities with my holiday gift guide and I’m also going to share a bit about my hopes and dreams for the next year.
- Some of the limited edition Skirt Sports items (affiliate link) – Have you seen the adorable items that they just came out with? So cute with snowflakes and plumes and other designs. I love that they are black with a bit of added flourish. Because sometimes, a girl just needs basic black with a little zing. I kind of want one of everything (that’s why it’s on my wish list), but will be happy with anything that comes my way this year.
- A treadmill – I know. I’ve been talking about this for ages. But my wants outstrip my budget. I made the mistake of running on a few higher end treadmills and fell in love with one of the True ones. I may, however, end up having to settle for a used Epic because it’s cheap and will do the job when I can’t run anywhere else.
- A year’s supply of nuun – Admittedly, this would be a lot of nuun. In fact, I’m not sure where I’d store it all. I use nuun in races, but I also drink it all the time (I water it down quite a bit if I’m not sweating.) I just love the taste and it helps me drink enough water.
- Entries into a few races – I only have a handful of races that I know I want to do, but the list of potential races is long. If someone wanted to buy me a race or two, that would be an amazing Christmas present. Maybe I should have just written a post called “my wish list” of races.
- A movement tracker – I’ve wanted one of these for a while now. I’m not sure I want to use one long term, but I’d love to figure out how close to 10,000 steps I’m coming on non-running days. (In the category of “answered wishes”, I just got sent the iFit Classic to review. I’ve only worn it for a short time, but so far it’s pretty cool. I love that it looks more like a watch, but counts my steps and I can track my calories on it as well.)
And I have a few less commercial things on my wish list too…
- A sub 2 half marathon – Someday I want to get under 4:30 on the marathon and I feel like in order to do that, I need to get my half marathon back down to a 2:00 time frame.
- Mercury status with Half Fanatics – I just want enough time to run 23 half marathons in 23 states in 365 days (I have 7 done already). Is that really too much to ask???
- More time in every day – Ok, I know that’s not going to happen, so I need to figure out how to keep myself organized so that I can keep writing this blog in 2016, despite increased time sucks responsibilities in 2016. Along those lines, I’d like to find time for lunch with friends and time to workout every day.
- Fast fingers come registration time – I want to register for the Marine Corps 17.75. I want to get Jones into camp. I want to buy tickets to Savor. All of these sell out crazy quick, so fast fingers, a speedy internet connection, and a bit of luck would be a great gift.
- An injury free 2016 – I know I should be thankful. I really was mostly injury free this year. My hip issue had poor timing, but it was not actually a big deal. It was not too serious and appears to be completely healed now. All I can truly hope for is a year as good as this one was!
What’s on your holiday wish list? Maybe I can find a few things to add to my list!
I’m linking up with my lovely friends Mar, Courtney, and Cynthia – all of whom I hope to see lots of in 2016!
26 thoughts on “My Wish List”
A year’s supply of nuun would be great as well as gifted race entries!! The iFit looks like a nice watch and activity tracker. I’ve never heard of it. I’m with you on wanting more time. It seems like there’s never enough time to get things done. Hope you have an injury free 2016!
I love all of your noncommercial stuff! Oh an injury-free 2016 and a half marathon PR would be lovely!
I agree, having more time would be the best gift of all! I certainly wouldn’t mind a year where I was injury free either! Great lists!
These are all amazing gift ideas! I would love love love a years supply of nuun…I use it so much! Also, race registration, yes please! Working with the smart pacing team next year will allow me to run in more races registration free, but they will be “fun runs” and not “races”…
If you can figure out the more time in every day please let me know how! I purchased a higher end Precor last year – it was a huge splurge but it gets used every day between me (running) or my husband (walking) or my son (doing ridiculous things like sprinting for 20 seconds at a 10% incline). I hope you get the injury free year and some of the time goals in 2016!
I love both parts of your list! I agree with the sub 2, but I think it will be a while for me yet! And a year of nuun – YES! I go through so much of it. My mom learned last year that it makes a great stocking stuffer 🙂
I’d love a bike trainer for Christmas!
Injury free would be nice. I’m still making my way back and now have scar tissue to deal with. I’d like to make progress and have a fun Tink 10k in May.
Love your wish list! I should have added more time to my list as well! I’ve never seen a watch like that, pretty cool concept! I really do think knowing your daily steps will help make you more active on those non-running days! I think I’m one of the few out there who’s never tried Nuun!
The unending supply of Nuun would be a great gift. I go through about a tube a week and I’m constantly having to make a trip to stock up. I spent $75 on my last online order and my husband freaked, so now I order a couple tubes at a time so he doesn’t lose his $h!T! But it goes so quickly.
I’ve not heard of that iFit Classic. Looks cool! My cup runneth (and closet and gear drawers) run over with stuff. But if I HAD to ask for something, it’d be the whole London Marathon package. Entry, travel, childcare, all of it. #onecandream
Great list! I’ve never seen that watch before- super cool!
I want all those things!! Including a sub 2:00 half!!
Sub 2 is my goal as well – for the same 4:30 marathon reasons! Do you have a race in mind?
I’m with you on an injury free 2016 and race entries! 🙂
I am hoping for an injury free 2016 too and I will be very happy. I wish SS would stop coming out with limited edition stuff I want 🙂
An injury-free 2016 is on my list too! I’m running Boston for the first time this year and after several injuries last year I’m focusing on being careful while getting in my mileage.
My brother is actually giving me his “newish” treadmill!! I am super excited about this. Can’t wait to pick it up on my next day off.
A year supply of Nuun would be sweet. But, we would need 2. One for me and one for my husband.
A non-stressful part time job and/or financing to pay for certification is on my Wishlist.
Love that skirt with the purple details. On my wish list this year is a lot of organizational things for my house!
A treadmill would be an absolutely wonderful gift to find under the tree. If only they weren’t so expensive.
I could copy your list as my own! The iFit Classic looks very cool! Here’s to an injury free 2016 with lots of races!
eh, or a mister coffee 🙂
Love this list! I have never seen those watches but I’m going to send the hubby a link and a wink wink just in case he hasnt’ finished shopping 😉 Thanks for sharing!
I reckon you’ve been a good enough girl to warrant a few of the items on your Christmas list. I like the look of those watches – very stylish. Maybe I should be putting in an order with Santa for one of those too cause I’ve been a pretty good girl too.