It’s time for Friday Five and the topic is Holiday Wish Lists. I’m going to share my wish list of things I’d like to find under the tree, which shares some similarities with my holiday gift guide and I’m also going to share a bit about my hopes and dreams for the next year.
- Some of the limited edition Skirt Sports items (affiliate link) – Have you seen the adorable items that they just came out with? So cute with snowflakes and plumes and other designs. I love that they are black with a bit of added flourish. Because sometimes, a girl just needs basic black with a little zing. I kind of want one of everything (that’s why it’s on my wish list), but will be happy with anything that comes my way this year.
- A treadmill – I know. I’ve been talking about this for ages. But my wants outstrip my budget. I made the mistake of running on a few higher end treadmills and fell in love with one of the True ones. I may, however, end up having to settle for a used Epic because it’s cheap and will do the job when I can’t run anywhere else.
- A year’s supply of nuun – Admittedly, this would be a lot of nuun. In fact, I’m not sure where I’d store it all. I use nuun in races, but I also drink it all the time (I water it down quite a bit if I’m not sweating.) I just love the taste and it helps me drink enough water.
- Entries into a few races – I only have a handful of races that I know I want to do, but the list of potential races is long. If someone wanted to buy me a race or two, that would be an amazing Christmas present. Maybe I should have just written a post called “my wish list” of races.
- A movement tracker – I’ve wanted one of these for a while now. I’m not sure I want to use one long term, but I’d love to figure out how close to 10,000 steps I’m coming on non-running days. (In the category of “answered wishes”, I just got sent the iFit Classic to review. I’ve only worn it for a short time, but so far it’s pretty cool. I love that it looks more like a watch, but counts my steps and I can track my calories on it as well.)
And I have a few less commercial things on my wish list too…
- A sub 2 half marathon – Someday I want to get under 4:30 on the marathon and I feel like in order to do that, I need to get my half marathon back down to a 2:00 time frame.
- Mercury status with Half Fanatics – I just want enough time to run 23 half marathons in 23 states in 365 days (I have 7 done already). Is that really too much to ask???
- More time in every day – Ok, I know that’s not going to happen, so I need to figure out how to keep myself organized so that I can keep writing this blog in 2016, despite increased time sucks responsibilities in 2016. Along those lines, I’d like to find time for lunch with friends and time to workout every day.
- Fast fingers come registration time – I want to register for the Marine Corps 17.75. I want to get Jones into camp. I want to buy tickets to Savor. All of these sell out crazy quick, so fast fingers, a speedy internet connection, and a bit of luck would be a great gift.
- An injury free 2016 – I know I should be thankful. I really was mostly injury free this year. My hip issue had poor timing, but it was not actually a big deal. It was not too serious and appears to be completely healed now. All I can truly hope for is a year as good as this one was!
What’s on your holiday wish list? Maybe I can find a few things to add to my list!