I meant to write a post this weekend, but I had very little to say. I have a feeling that what follows will be a bunch of random thoughts. In fact, maybe I should just use bullet points…
- Jones had his first indoor soccer game this weekend. It is a totally different game from outdoor soccer! 20 minute halves of non-stop running. One of the moms is coaching the team, rather than our usual coach, and it took her, another mom, and myself to manage the “on the fly” subbing. I think we did a great job, but I have even more respect for our coach than I already did.
- We had a beautiful day on Saturday, but I didn’t run. I didn’t even go for a walk. Instead, I waited for the nasty weather on Sunday and was forced to run on the treadmill. Oh well, I needed a speed workout anyways.
- I’ve run 44.5 miles of my 100 miles for the month, so I’m still on target. I’m trying to front load the month, so that I can slack a bit around the holidays, but that’s only moderately successful at this point.
- Shoo and I went to a different grocery store than usual today. They had the scanners that you carry around and scan/bag your own groceries and then check out. Shoo thought the “toad scanner” as he called it was the coolest thing ever, but it did take us at least twice as long as normal to shop.
- Beer Geek and I are going out to dinner on New Year’s Eve and staying at some friends’ house. This will be the first time in 8! years that we’ve gone out on NYE.
- I’ve totally slacked off on the toning again. I need to find some sort of weight workout that I actually enjoy. Even the HBBC can’t keep me doing it. I am, however, rocking the fruits and vegetables.
Walking – 3
Running – 4.5
F/V – 1
Total for the weekend – 9.5
Total for the past week – 38