I meant to write a post this weekend, but I had very little to say. I have a feeling that what follows will be a bunch of random thoughts. In fact, maybe I should just use bullet points…
- Jones had his first indoor soccer game this weekend. It is a totally different game from outdoor soccer! 20 minute halves of non-stop running. One of the moms is coaching the team, rather than our usual coach, and it took her, another mom, and myself to manage the “on the fly” subbing. I think we did a great job, but I have even more respect for our coach than I already did.
- We had a beautiful day on Saturday, but I didn’t run. I didn’t even go for a walk. Instead, I waited for the nasty weather on Sunday and was forced to run on the treadmill. Oh well, I needed a speed workout anyways.
- I’ve run 44.5 miles of my 100 miles for the month, so I’m still on target. I’m trying to front load the month, so that I can slack a bit around the holidays, but that’s only moderately successful at this point.
- Shoo and I went to a different grocery store than usual today. They had the scanners that you carry around and scan/bag your own groceries and then check out. Shoo thought the “toad scanner” as he called it was the coolest thing ever, but it did take us at least twice as long as normal to shop.
- Beer Geek and I are going out to dinner on New Year’s Eve and staying at some friends’ house. This will be the first time in 8! years that we’ve gone out on NYE.
- I’ve totally slacked off on the toning again. I need to find some sort of weight workout that I actually enjoy. Even the HBBC can’t keep me doing it. I am, however, rocking the fruits and vegetables.
Walking – 3
Running – 4.5
F/V – 1
Total for the weekend – 9.5
Total for the past week – 38
11 thoughts on “Nothing to see here”
Beacause weights are boring and suck ass, that's why!
Does your gym have a body pump sort of class? A class where they do all sorts of weights to music?! It's great!
I played both indoor and outdoor soccer, and yes, indoor is about 3X as difficult. Like you said: it is non-stop running: the ball moves so much faster over that astro-turf, that the game itself is forced to move much faster.Still, I loved it. Ultimately, I preferred the outdoor game, but it was fun to have those winter indoor leagues!
Wow, interesting concept at the grocery store! I've never seen that. Hubs would have too much fun I think. :)Nice work on the mileage!
You should give kettlebells a try. I have really loved doing it and have stuck with it longer than I have any other strength training.
I love Body Pump at Gold's Gym (when I can go). And, I just bought P90X and it has weight workouts that you can do at home…
Nice job on the fruits and veggies! I struggle with weight lifting SO much — I try to focus on how it keeps me injury-free, and often spend entire lifting sessions visualizing races I want to run in the future. That's not much help, I know, but I can at least offer my sympathy!
I love strength training, but rarely make the time for it. There's a girl in town who's a trainer and she's going to offer a boot camp – I'm psyched.
Woohoo on the fruits and veggies! Indoor soccer sounds like a busy and fast game! I still don't like scanning my own groceries and try to avoid it when possible. It seems cool in theory but when I've used them, it seems like the machine always has issues when I try to use them.
I hate weights too!! I enjoyed a bootcamp class awhile back, does your gym offer that?
i've come to the conclusion that I'm solar powered. can't stick to anything with these short days… lol