In the 14.5 months it took me to write 300 posts, I’ve
- run 1200 miles
- participated in 14 races (1 marathon, 4 halfs, 2 10 milers, 1 12K, 2 10Ks, and 4 5Ks)
- raced in 4 new states (and run in two others)
- met 1 RBF
- been to 15 new brewpubs/breweries
- written 3 “drunken” posts
- tried more new beers than I can count
Over the next how ever many posts I write, I plan to
- break a 7 minute mile
- hit at least 4 new states per year (to hit all 50 by 50)and hopefully meet some more RBFs along the way
- finish a 10 miler in under 1:30:00
- run in the 3 beer related races I’ve found so far (and any others I find in the future)
- complete 0 triathlons (sorry guys, not jumping on that bandwagon)
- maybe, just maybe run another marathon
For now I’ll just hang around, regaling you with kid stories and beer stories, ok?
I did manage to get in my 5.25 miles on Sunday at a 9:30 pace. Oh, how I’m hating summer running. Three more runs and I’ll be in Maine, running in cooler weather. I can’t wait.
9 thoughts on “Post #300: by the numbers”
Those stats tell of a happy, happy month! Can't wait to hear about the beer-related races! And I agree … the humidity's been zapping me. Ran my slowest 5K in who-knows-how-long last weekend, and I'm choosing to blame the heat. 🙂
Congrats on 300!I'll keep my eyes peeled for an arizona beer themed race 🙂
For now I'll just hang around, regaling you with kid stories and beer stories, ok?Okay by me.Happy 300th!
Congrats on #300!!Glad it's not just me having a miserable running time in this heat 🙂
Happy 300 Posts! It's been quite a journey!I love your '50 states by 50' goal.
lmao at your 0 triathlons… i guess i just have to keep posting about how fun it is! LOL Congrats on 300 posts, here's to many more 😀
Congrats on your 300th post! I discovered your blog only this summer and enjoy it. Keep up with the summer running… "what does not kill us makes us stronger" (at least that is what I keep telling myself!)
Congrats on #300. I think you'll definitely meet your goals. A sub-7 is in your future. I always think of you as about my same pace and I have run a 6:45, so I know you'll do it soon. Head to a track… that's where I did mine.I hope when you knock California off your list, you are somewhere in Southern CA so we can meet!And drunken posts are my favorite! LOL.
Nice job on #300, need more beer mentions though!