Some things you may or may not know about me:
- I don’t like exercise, unless it’s running
- I am not an evening exerciser. If things don’t happen before dinner, the likelihood of me doing anything is somewhere between slim and none.
- I’m 42 (GAH!) and as much as I don’t enjoy strength exercises, I need to do them.
Yesterday was one of those days where I not only had a lot to get done, I needed to do some of it not sweaty. (OK, as hot as it got, I was still sweaty. But I was clean under it. LOL) So, instead of running and then immediately doing the strength workout for Best Body Boot Camp like I have been, I ran and then jumped in the shower. I spent the day working, meeting friends for lunch, and meeting my boss for our monthly budget discussion. Then I picked up the kids, took Jones to cello lessons, made dinner, helped with homework…
Suddenly, it was 7:00pm and I hadn’t done my weight workout. My usual response to that? Tomorrow is another day.
In a shocking turn of events, last night I actually went down to the basement and DID MY WORKOUT! Really.
I can’t remember the last time I actually managed that. This may not seem like a big deal, but it’s huge for me!
So, yeah, I’m kind of proud of myself.
And it wouldn’t be Thursday without three things!
1. I am running a half marathon this weekend with three of my favorite running bloggers: T, G, and K. Running another half marathon means another medal. Another medal means my medal rack is pretty much overloaded.
Dad, time to design me another one! LOL
2. It’s really warm here. Like summer warm. Know what happens when it warms up? Crickets chirp. All 40 or so that I bought for Epic are chirping. You know how that one cricket chirping at night can drive you crazy? Multiply that times 40. OMG!
3. Things are starting to heat up (no pun intended) with the Nike Women Half Marathon. I can’t believe it’s almost here! I think I’m almost as excited to work the race as many of the runners will be to run it! (And my role will be done by the time the runners’ toes hit the start line, so I’ll be sleeping the sleep of the exhausted while they are all running.) We still have a few slots for volunteers. Let me know if you’d like to volunteer and I can hook you up!
12 thoughts on “Proud of myself”
I wish I lived closer – I would love to volunteer at the Nike Women’s Half!
You definitely need another medal holder – so cool that your dad designs them for you.
I wish it would warm up here (and stay warm)!
Great job getting the strength work done last night!! I’m like you – never work out after dinner (probably because dinner is my big meal of the day and there is usually wine or another beverage involved!!!).
I think it is always important to be proud of the little things we do because they get us to the big things! I am the same way at night- I have to push so much harder to do anything after 5pm!
This really has nothing to do with you post, sorry, but I saw you were an official blogger for the Blue Ridge marathon!! I am still mulling over signing up but I can’t bring myself to do it since I have a half this weekend, the Derby mini the weekend after Blue Ridge, then the Indy mini and Flying pig in one weekend. How hard IS the Blue Ridge?!
Way to get that strength workout in! I am very impressed, I am determined to do strength training two times a week. You’d think fitting in a half an hour wouldn’t be a big deal, but it is.
You do need another medal rack! What a great problem to have. That Flying Pirate medal is so awesome, can’t wait to see you and run!
Good luck at the half this weekend! Needing a new medal-holder is an accomplishment, love outgrowing things (unless I am outgrowing my pants, in that case…I cry)
Good luck with your half this weekend. It must be nice to know that you won’t have to back up the next day … and the day after that.
Nice job getting the strength work in – I punt on it far too often.
Have fun with your half this weekend!!
Great job, I’m like you normally, I often find myself saying “tomorrow is another day”… Maybe your Dad should get into the business of selling medal racks, looks pretty nice! Also super cool you’re volunteering at the Nike Womens Half, that race is on my bucket list! Have a great weekend 🙂
Awesome, good for you 🙂
That medal rack is impressive!
Oh I’m the same way. If it doesn’t happen before 5 pm…game over. So I feel you on that success! Probably better than I would have managed.
There are worse problems than having that many medals!! nice!! My (few) still fit on a clothes hanger 🙂
Wish I was closer so I could volunteer! I know a group of ladies from Philly heading down for the Nike Women’s half. Have fun this weekend and then!!
Good luck with your half this weekend! Have fun running with friends!