Last week was a hard week. I was dealing with a couple of really stressful things, as well as just having a lot going on. And I responded poorly. I skipped a few workouts and I ate my feelings. (And then I went to Costco and bought ALL the carbs so I could continue eating my feelings. Lesson learned: don’t go to Costco when you are stressed.) By Friday evening, I was just done. Unfortunately, despite going to bed early, I had a rough night (Jones had the ACT on Saturday morning. I’ve discovered that if I have anything that makes me get up earlier than usual, that I don’t sleep well. I need to fix this.)
Saturday, after I dropped Jones at his test, I decided I needed to just stop. I needed to find a way to get my head on straight – I couldn’t continue to support the people in my life who needed me if the well was dry. So I made some purposeful choices this weekend to refill my own glass in order to help those around me.
- I got back on the Faster Way to Fat Loss plan, which means I did leg day on Saturday (ouch) and a long slow run on Sunday. “Long” right now was 6 miles, but my ankle did not hurt and I got it done. I know my running base will return, I just need to be patient.
- I scheduled an appointment with my acupuncturist. I haven’t had a headache in a while and I want it to stay that way.
- Beer Geek and I went on a day date on Saturday to Heritage Brewing. The beer was good and it was nice to be in a not overly loud bar and able to talk some things through.
- Shoo and I spent Sunday working on a puzzle and reading books. I introduced him to Stephen King by way of Cujo. What’s your favorite Stephen King book? Judging by my Facebook post, everyone has one.
- I started planning my race calendar. My biggest race is up to the whims of the internet – I want to run the MCM 50K. There are only 500 spots and it’s a “who has the fastest fingers” situation. If that doesn’t work out, I may skip MCM this year and just volunteer or cheer. Either way, I have some fun plans on the way to that event.
Leave a Reply