Today, many blogs are staying silent for National Blogging Day of Remembrance. Momentarily, I will join them and spend my day living rather than blogging as has been suggested. My heart breaks for the families. The thought of losing so many innocent lives tears my heart in half.
But, before I head out to live my life, I challenge you to make the world a better place. One of my friends has asked us to make today a day of Random Acts of Kindness. And I ask you to join us in that.
- Give a kind word when it’s least expected
- Buy a person in line with you a cup of coffee
- Call up an old friend and tell them how much they mean to you
- Thank one of the peripheral people in your life for the job they do that makes yours better, whether it’s the clerk at the local store or the janitor at your kid’s school
- Smile when you want to frown at someone
- Donate time, money or items to an organization that helps those less fortunate than you
Nothing we do can erase the horribleness that occurred on Friday.
But every little bit of kindness we share is a reminder to us and those around us that there is still good in the world.