1. I love vegetables. In fact, I’ll eat nearly any vegetable you give me, most of them in any way you give them to me. The glaring exception to this is beets. I have not found one single recipe for beets that I like. Ever. But my mom keeps making me try them.
2. I have a conference coming up for my “day job”. I discovered that there is a race one morning of the conference. My “boss” is ok with me missing the first session that day. West Virginia, I’m comin’ for ya.
3. My dad put up their old trampoline out at my grandmother’s house for the boys. I proved to the boys that I can still do a front flip. And I didn’t break anything doing it.
4. I went on a shopping spree at the outlet mall the other day. I didn’t buy myself any new shoes. I know. I think I must have been ill.
5. I love to travel to new places, but I hate traveling. Ever since we had kids, I worry excessively about flight delays. Not sure why since even the few horrible delays we’ve had have worked out fine.
Tomorrow Beer Geek and I are heading to the Great Taste of the Midwest, which is one of the best beer festivals EVER. Today I’m going to try to get in 6 miles and then this evening we are heading to the town fair. I’m pretty sure they won’t have fried butter, but if they do, I’ll be getting a picture. ;o)
21 thoughts on “Random Facts Friday”
I love roasted beat salad with goat cheese and arugula. Only good restaurants or farm to table types do it right. I can never manage to to it at home and have it taste good! 🙂
i'm pretty sure i'd break something trying to do a front flip on a trampoline
I tried beets too, I wanted to like them.. YUK! I don't think I could do a flip.. 🙁
I think it's great that you can race while at the conference. I always hate going to these as I usually miss out on some running. Enjoy your weekend!
You are very brave for doing that front flip! I'm terrified to do all the stuff I used to do as a kid!
I'll eat your beets if you take brussels sprouts off my hands. Yuck!
I can still do a back flip in on the trampoline.
Can't wait for beerfest pictures!
Trampolines scare me! nice that you've still got it!Awesome fitting in a run on a conference weekend.
RACE. I meant race.
sounds like a fun festival to go to, i love festivals!! I am hoping to go to the MO State Fair one of these days and they better have some fried butter. I wont try it but I will take a picture of it. a fried oreo on the other hand I might just have to eat.
I wish I loved vegetables. I want to like them so badly, but they are more of a chore than anything else. Also, that's a great idea to run a race while at a conference! I'm so going to do that if I ever get to go to another conference.
I love to counter your random facts ;)1. I hate vegetables but I'm working on forcing myself to eat them.2. I have a conference for school. Its in Omaha. Yippee.3. I can barely get up on a trampoline, let alone jump on one.4. I went to the mall today. I saw two pairs of shoes I want and I'm gonna try to find em for cheaper online ;)5. Ditto.
Fried butter?! Do not think I could eat that. Not even beet salads? So into those right now.
A front flip? Impressive.
High five for the flip!
I'm impressed you can still do a front flip and I'm really impressed that your boss is letting you race. Nice boss!
Love love love that you are squeezing in a race. So awesome.The front flip is very impressive.Vietnamese beet salads are tasty – have you tried that yet?
i would definitely be too afraid to try any tramp tricks now. life was so carefree as a kid – when you didn't know what could go wrong!
The only time I've had beets was when I was juicing. They're suppose to be real healthy. Also congrats on the front flip.
your tweets look like you had a great time this weekend!