- When I was re-organizing Shoo’s clothing drawer at the end of summer, I stumbled across a bathing suit of Jones’from a few years ago. I *thought* that Shoo had been wearing it all summer. Turns out he was wearing the same 3T suit he’d been wearing for 3 years LOL. (Yes, I bought them matching suits. Get over it.) I also discovered that every.single.pair of shorts in his drawer were 4T or smaller. He turns 7 soon. Why, yes, he is tall and skinny.
- We are planning a mini-vacation soon. We were talking about Ocean City and the possibility of adding another state. I was feeling kind of “meh” about it and not really enjoying the planning. Last night Beer Geek suggested that we go to Chincoteague instead. My inner 13 year old girl totally went “squee”. Funny how suddenly I’m excited about making plans.
- I won a FitDesk on Barefoot Angie B’s blog. I’m really really excited about it. I’m hoping it will help with my glute issue if I sit on that instead of a chair. I have to do a bit of decluttering though as Beer Geek is not a big fan of bringing new stuff into the house without getting rid of things. Gotta love a small urban house.
- I’ve been going bicycle shopping lately. Not for me though. Both Jones and Shoo have outgrown their bikes, so we need a new one for Jones and his will pass down to Shoo. Poor Shoo – always getting the hand me downs.
- I got my NatureBox delivery for September yesterday. Within about 3 hours, I’d tried some of every package. Yeah, I have a bit of a snack addiction. (Want to try a box? Don’t forget I’m an ambassador, so you can get 25% off on your first box. Just enter MCMMama).
- Yesterday I showered and put on makeup before I took the boys to school. I never do that. I only did it so I could talk to Jones’ substitute teacher for 5 minutes. Why does talking to a teacher always make me feel 12 again? I’m older than a lot of the teachers and yet I feel like I’m going to be sent to the principal’s office LOL.
What’s random in your life today?
5 thoughts on “Random thoughts from an overloaded brain”
I’m at work…killing time until I leave and go “bandit” a trail race series tonight. My friend asked me to “run as her” since she’s injured. I feel so bada$$. She finished 2nd to last, two weeks ago. I hopefully I can do a bit better than that.
So funny! My son is 8 and has been wearing sz 6 swim trunks and shorts all summer. Finally, when school started he said they felt weird and I bought a bunch of sz 8 with the adjustable waist.
Random- we had English muffin pizzas for dinner for the 1st time in ages. They were great!
I just threw out some 3T pants for my 9-year-old daughter. With girls the stretch pants soon become capris then become long shorts. It totally works!
Haha, love that the trunks still fit (albeit a little differently) 3 years later!
Are you sure you don’t want to upgrade your rust-cycle? Come on, a shiny new road bike would be sooo nice. 🙂
I lived in hand-me-downs and when it came to my kids I made sure they always had at least a few new clothes because I used to resent it.