- I just ran 7.4 miles in my VFFs! Longest run to date.
- I have a dumb phone and texting is difficult. However, I am currently texting Emz during her 24 mile run. ‘Cause what’s a little texting difficulty compared to 24 hours on a treadmill? I’m thinking the 3 hour time difference will work in my favor when I get up at 6 to give her some more text love during the last few hours of her run. Don’t know what I’m talkin’ about? Go over to RunEmz for details and donate while you are at it.
- Conversation with Shoo last night –
S: Mom, did they shoot off fireworks when I was born?
S: Well, why not?
- Tomorrow I get to meet up with Barefoot AngieB and Miss Zippy in DC. Trying to decide if we’ll go for a barefoot/minimalist run or go for a drink. Maybe both!
- My Vibrams smell so bad I need to keep them outside. I guess it’s time for a soak in the efferdent. I always wanted minty fresh feet!
- I wear the VFF sprints, which is a mary jane style. I keep forgetting to put sunblock on my feet. I have wicked tan lines already and I’m sure there’s a nasty sunburn in my future.
- I am currently coaching a client to her first marathon (NYC) and I’ve been approached by another first timer about training for MCM. It’s incredibly hard not to get caught up in the excitement and want to run one myself. I think I may just end up really well trained for my half in November.
- Tomorrow I’m going for a meeting to learn about being a Lead Volunteer for the NoVa Girls on the Run race next weekend. Are you local and want to volunteer? Email me at mom2shoo at gmail.com or leave me your email in a comment and I can hook you up.
- Tomorrow Jones has a soccer game and two birthday parties. It scares me to think about what my life will be like next year when Shoo starts playing. I’m going to do nothing but drive people around!
- I’m so glad it’s Friday. I need a beer. Mad Fox, here I come…