Otherwise known as “bullet pointy goodness” as one of my friends says…
- I am so rocking this taper. Apparently I am quite good at cutting mileage, without going stir crazy. Who knew?
- I am also totally rocking the carbo loading. Every meal has involved bread of some sort and chocolate has been a big player as well. Surprisingly, the scale is only moving very slowly upward.
- This past Saturday was my 20 year high school reunion (yeah, I’m that old). I didn’t go. Originally we had plans and then when those fell through, I just didn’t feel like it. Looking at the pictures, I so should have gone. I’m looking pretty darn good these days, thanks to all the running.
- Of course, I’m now considering giving up my salon coloring habit. I HATE having my hair colored. It’s colored back to its normal color, just to hide the gray. I got talked into it a couple of years ago by my mom and my stylist and I’m just so tired of the maintenance. We’ll see. I’m only an inch or two into the skunk look at this point LOL.
- I’m participating in Jenn’s 21 day challenge. I’m giving up soda and trying to drink a lot more water. So far, so good. The funny thing is I just recently started up a Diet Pe.psi habit and I don’t even like Pe.psi. It was all about the caffeine.
- Beer Geek had a meeting after work today and got home at 6. I was ready to sell the children by that point. I am so spoiled by his normal work schedule…
- Shoo has a nasty cold and croup. He’s on steroids for the croup. He was quite literally bouncing off the walls today. Literally.
And then there’s the marathon… I’m still trying to figure out the clothing. The weather forecast keeps changing, so I’m not sure, but I’m thinking shorts and a short sleeve shirt (the shirt that races of course). My dad is sending a throw away jacket with my mom, so I’ll wear that before the race.
Today’s run: 3 miles in 26:45… (yes, the other 3 miler was 26:30)