Or good for the soul. Something like that.
How have we reached the end of June already? It seems like just yesterday I was packing for the trip with Beer Geek. Since then both kids have survived finals, Shoo graduated from elementary school, and Jones took a visit to San Diego with his grandmother. Now the boys and I are enjoying a week in Wisconsin. I have a feeling this summer is going to fly by.
But it’s the last Friday of the month, so that means it is time to head to the Runfessional.
- Marine Corps Marathon training has begun. Somehow I missed the first week and then I jumped to the 5th week. I should probably actually put the plan on a calendar so I at least know what I’m supposed to be doing. Otherwise I may find myself randomly doing week 10 next week.
- Since my mileage has jumped back up suddenly, I find myself hungry a lot lately. Being hungry plus being on vacation has not led to the best food choices. I was doing great yesterday, but then my uncle stopped by and dinner became beer, chips, and salsa. But what else are you going to do when a huge rainstorm moves in, knocking over outdoor furniture and downing part of a tree?
- I have no races on the calendar until September. I’m starting to have withdrawal symptoms. I may have to sneak in a 5K at some point just to feed the addiction. I’m also fighting an urge to sign up for the Richmond Marathon. Because, you know, one fall marathon might not be enough and it’s the 40th anniversary.
- As I write this post, I still have 4.2 miles to run to reach 100 for the month. I have a goal of 100 per month for 2017 and I’ve hit it every month so far. I will find time to run tomorrow, even if it’s on the treadmill late in the evening. I really have no excuse for not finishing – I’m in Wisconsin and the temperature is at least 15 degrees cooler than Virginia.
- I recently became more consistent with taking my B12 vitamins and calcium. I managed to get my levels up a little last year with my haphazard supplementing, but my nails looked like crap and the number was still pretty low. One or the other of the supplements is helping because my nails are no longer breaking the minute they get past my fingertips. I was hoping that I’d also see some improvements in my focus, but then I realized my problem isn’t an inability to focus, it’s a lack of motivation. If anyone finds it, can you send it back to me? My house is a wreck, my runs are the only workouts I’m doing, and I haven’t actually planned a meal in weeks.