This weekend was our favorite beer event: Savor! It’s an amazing opportunity to meet brewers and owners and try some really amazing beers. It’s held each year at the National Building Museum, which is a gorgeous venue. I can’t really put into words how much fun this is each time we do it. So, I’ll just give you the highlights…
- We were first in the line to enter. I’d like to say I planned it that way, but it was one of those times when everything went smoothly and we got there 20 minutes earlier than I expected.
- We went to a beer-wine hybrid Salon put on by Lucid Brewing. The guys were great and the beers ranged from good to awesome. Perhaps starting out the evening with an 18% ABV beer was not my smartest move ever…
- I got my annual picture with Sam Calagione from Dogfish Head brewing. It’s ok to be jealous.
- The food was amazing. I think I tried at least one bite of everything they offered.
- There were some beers there that were just AMAZING. One was a barrel aged Imperial dry Irish stout on nitrogen from Pinthouse Pizza in Austin, TX. I think Beer Geek was afraid I might leave him for the beer. Yeah, it was that good.
- My annual collection of “beer boyfriend” photos. I swear one year I’m going to make a calendar LOL.
- The “parting gift” is a collaboration beer between Flying Dog and Firestone Walker – both really good breweries, so I can’t wait to try it.
Note to self: Don’t wear heels. It doesn’t matter if they are super comfortable. Tipsy. Literally.
I did a surprisingly good job of moderating my alcohol intake, so I felt fine on Mother’s Day. Beer Geek took the boys out on a long bike ride, so I was able to just chill out. I’m proud of myself for actually sitting and reading a book for fun instead of doing chores or spending all my time on social media. Then we ordered Thai for dinner. YUM!
I also did my first Metabolic Effect weight workout. As I told Kim, it was easy. Until it wasn’t. Two days later, I’m still sore in spots.
And I nominated one of my closest friends to win the ZOOMA contest. If she wins, I win, so I’d love it if you’d vote for her!! (Also? She’s awesome and I want to be a runner like her someday…)
Finally, thanks to everyone who has come by to enter the Altra shoes giveaway! I hope you’ll stick around for a while as I’d love to get to know all of you. If you left a blog address, I’ll be stopping by in the next week or so (there were a ton of new to me blogs!)
How was your weekend? Did you do anything fun?