This post is going to be much like my brain lately – totally all over the place.
- We had friends over for dinner this weekend. They have three boys. Five boys is a lot of boy for one house! On the bright side, they all entertained each other, so we were able to hang out on our patio drinking beer.
- The weather today is cool and wet, much like I imagine the Pacific Northwest. I love it. Wednesday it’s supposed to be 100 degrees. Virginia, why you gotta play me so hard?
- This is what I gave Beer Geek for Father’s day…
- And this…
- My pictures are being stupid. I’m not in the mood to mess with them.
- Did you know that painting on a ladder uses your glutes? It does.
- I did an upper body workout in addition to the arm workout from painting. This did not make today’s mammogram any more pleasant. OUCH!
- On the bright side, I did get the all clear today, so I’m back to annual exams.
- I was so busy yesterday I forgot to do Sweat to Street. Oops. I’ll put the linky at the bottom so you can check out those who did…
- Beer Geek keeps telling me he’ll move if I can find a place that stays as cool as it’s been here lately BUT that doesn’t have wicked cold winters. Anyone live in that place? So far, Eugene, OR tops the list. (Not that it really matters ’cause the only place he’ll really move from here is the assisted living place down the street when we are too old to handle stairs. Sigh.)
- I’m in denial that I head to camp in less than two weeks. GAH!
- Beer Geek scored me the beginnings of a home brew system from a friend last week. Guess what I’m doing in the fall?!?
- This summer I’m running races in Oregon (BEND), Washington (just outside of Portland), Connecticut, and near Wisconsin. If you live near any of those and want to meet up, email me at mom2shoo at gmail.com
- I have unexpected time between my mammogram and my dentist appointment (yes, I am trying to cram it all in to the last week of school), so I think I’m going to take a nap.
11 thoughts on “Scattered”
Nice job combining productivity with a workout! My arms always feel it from painting, don’t remember the glutes, but then again I’m rarely the one on the ladder. You’ve got some gorgeous race locations picked out! I won’t be near any of them, but I really want to get to Oregon/Washington one of these years…
That mystical place might be the bay area. It always seems to be cool, but not too cool, whenever I’ve been there. Of course (as with any place) there are disadvantages…
Glad your mammo turned out good! I think it would be fun to try to brew your own beer at home. Good luck!
In San Francisco and Santa Cruz it remains about 50-70 year round. Come on over. I think you will like it!
Glad you got the all clear on your mamo! You’re a brave woman for getting up on that ladder – I’ll do a lot around the house but not where ladders are involved!
It snowed a bit in Eugene this year. In March. Yep, kids missed school and everything right before spring break. But that doesn’t count, right, since it snowed in the spring not the winter….
You’re coming to the PNW when it will be warm, don’t hold it against us! Can’t wait to see you in July.
I can’t believe that you gave yourself sore pecs before going for a mammogram. That must have hurt!!
Great job on the painting. You’re a braver woman than I.
I think you should keep the cycling jersey!
Painting is quite a workout! The cycling jersey looks really great and I’m sure he loved it.
yay for the scattered and randomness.
your brain matches mine.
did we get that nap?!
Wow that’s a great present, a painted porch! I wish my hubby gave me presents like that…