Shoo has been sick for the last couple of days. Not much in the way of symptoms, other than a pretty high fever, but he’s been one cranky boy. Since he hasn’t been sleeping well, I’m pretty tired, but thankfully, he seems on the mend today. I missed out on my long run yesterday, but I’ll run 4 miles this evening and hopefully he’ll go to camp tomorrow and I can get in at least six miles.
Marlene tagged me to list seven personality traits. I found it way harder than I thought it would be.
1. I’m really open-minded – I have friends ranging from the extremely conservative to incredibly liberal. While I may not agree with them, I enjoy hearing different viewpoints and try to take nuggets of wisdom from all of them. And it certainly makes the status updates on my facebook page interesting.
2. I’m a bit of a “crunchy granola chick”. Shoo was born at home. I’ve done delayed vaccinations. I buy mostly organic. I’ve tried growing my own veggies in our postage stamp sized yard, but that’s been not so successful. If there’s a “greener” or more “natural” option, I’m likely to try it (see trait #1).
3. I NEED information. I research everything to death. I must know details. I hate “going with my gut” or making a less than informed decision.
4. I’m a night owl. While I can make myself function on a normal time schedule, my body would much rather stay up until 1 am (or later) and sleep in. Jones seems to have inherited this.
5. I’m really adventurous about food. I’ll try just about anything once. I used to be more like this in general, but I’ve found that since I’ve had kids, I’m a lot less willing to try anything “dangerous”.
6. I’m easily distracted. The book “If you give a mouse a cookie” is a pretty good description of most of my days. While writing this post, I’ve gotten up to get a snack, folded a load of laundry, read a book to Shoo, gone down to the basement to look for ingredients for dinner… Surprisingly, I do usually manage to complete everything I need to do in a day.
7. I’m extremely emotional and my emotions are generally right out in the open for every one to see.
I’d tag 7 people, but given trait #6, it’s likely it would take me the rest of the day to finish the post. So, if you haven’t done this, feel free to consider yourself tagged.