Shoo has been sick for the last couple of days. Not much in the way of symptoms, other than a pretty high fever, but he’s been one cranky boy. Since he hasn’t been sleeping well, I’m pretty tired, but thankfully, he seems on the mend today. I missed out on my long run yesterday, but I’ll run 4 miles this evening and hopefully he’ll go to camp tomorrow and I can get in at least six miles.
Marlene tagged me to list seven personality traits. I found it way harder than I thought it would be.
1. I’m really open-minded – I have friends ranging from the extremely conservative to incredibly liberal. While I may not agree with them, I enjoy hearing different viewpoints and try to take nuggets of wisdom from all of them. And it certainly makes the status updates on my facebook page interesting.
2. I’m a bit of a “crunchy granola chick”. Shoo was born at home. I’ve done delayed vaccinations. I buy mostly organic. I’ve tried growing my own veggies in our postage stamp sized yard, but that’s been not so successful. If there’s a “greener” or more “natural” option, I’m likely to try it (see trait #1).
3. I NEED information. I research everything to death. I must know details. I hate “going with my gut” or making a less than informed decision.
4. I’m a night owl. While I can make myself function on a normal time schedule, my body would much rather stay up until 1 am (or later) and sleep in. Jones seems to have inherited this.
5. I’m really adventurous about food. I’ll try just about anything once. I used to be more like this in general, but I’ve found that since I’ve had kids, I’m a lot less willing to try anything “dangerous”.
6. I’m easily distracted. The book “If you give a mouse a cookie” is a pretty good description of most of my days. While writing this post, I’ve gotten up to get a snack, folded a load of laundry, read a book to Shoo, gone down to the basement to look for ingredients for dinner… Surprisingly, I do usually manage to complete everything I need to do in a day.
7. I’m extremely emotional and my emotions are generally right out in the open for every one to see.
I’d tag 7 people, but given trait #6, it’s likely it would take me the rest of the day to finish the post. So, if you haven’t done this, feel free to consider yourself tagged.
11 thoughts on “Sick kid and 7 traits”
I hope shoo feels better soon 🙁 no fun! Love your 7. I am way over emotional and easily distracted too 🙂
Hope Shoo feels better soon, have I ever told you I love that name? I am a night owl too!
Thanks for playing along – it was a fun way to get to know you a little better! :)I share # 6, but I prefer to say that I'm multi-tasking. 🙂
Hope Shoo gets better soon!It's always fun to read these tags and learn more about people!
And it's what makes everything so interesting! If we were all the same, imagine how boring the world would be.Get the ick out of the house soon.
#1, #3, and #7 totally describe me too!! Hope Shoo feels better soon!
GET WELL SHOO!Alternate wording for #3: "I'm a FREEKIN LIBRARIAN !1!"Beer-craving not one of the seven?Someone's in denial, sister. RUSH LIMBAUGH IS GOD!1! (<– Field test of Trait #1.)
I hope Shoo feels better and that he doesn't have this yucky stomach stuff! Apparently, two kids from Nathan's childcare came down with the stomach yucks, too (thankfully, not Nathan YET!) As for characteristics, I am #7, as well. There are times when I really wish I wasn't so transparent, but hubby tells me that's why my friends love me b/c I am so emotionally honest.
Hope the kiddo is better. You've had more than your fair share of sickly lately. Loved reading your list! Ha, random: My word is "amenstr" which upon quick glance looks like, "amen sister."
I share every trait except #3, which is, oddly enough, a trait I always wished I had. I always hear about cool stuff and think, "I'm gonna look up more about that," but I never do. Probably because I'm so easily distracted!One of my favorite hobbies is introducing my ultra-conservative friends to my ultra-liberal friends, then sitting back with a beer to watch the show. 🙂
OMG…we are more alike than I realized. So many of your personality traits could have been written by me.I used to be much more "crunchy and granola" than I am now. I still try. I used to be a night owl but between kids (one of whom gets up early) and running, I have trained my body to wake early. I can't even sleep in anymore :-(Thanks for sharing. It was fun reading that.