I’m sitting at the airport, waiting for my flight to Denver. I’ll be spending my weekend enjoying all things Skirt Sports. I think I packed 10 skirts (a mix of happy girls and gym girl ultras) for the events + the Electric Dress. The big question is whether I remembered to bring running shoes for the 5k. Ah well, if I didn’t, I’ll walk it in my sandals LOL.
I will apologize in advance that my Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter feeds will be FILLED with Skirt this weekend. We get to spend some time at the store (yes, I left room in my suitcase for more skirts. Shh, don’t tell Beer Geek LOL), we’ll go on a hike, and the there’s the race. I opted for the 5k for a lot of reasons. Should be interesting as I haven’t run a 5K in a REALLY long time. Years!
But since it’s Friday Five, I’m going to share with you five yummy foods I’ve been enjoying lately.
- Lorissa’s Jerky – we got a chance to try some at the ZOOMA Annapolis race last weekend and it was fabulous. Then they sent a couple of packets to the ambassadors who ran the race. I may also have bought some more at Target yesterday. Yes, it is that good and has no preservatives or MSG. I like all of the flavors, but the Szechuan Peppercorn beef is AMAZING.
- Bob’s Protein Powder – I got these to review, thanks to Fit Approach. I’ve been searching for a good non-why protein for a while and I’m really digging this brand. In fact, I’m also giving a bag away, so make sure to enter!
- All the foods at Savor! – I mentioned that last weekend we went to the annual Savor festival. It’s this amazing event where you can try a bunch of different beers and they provide foods that should go well with them. Because I had an early morning commitment the next day, I focused on trying all.the.foods instead of drinking as much as I have sometimes. And I have to say, the food was fabulous.
- Trader Joe’s cauliflower rice – I am addicted. I make my own from scratch when I have time, but I love the convenience (and the flavor) of the Trader Joe’s frozen version. I saute it in some coconut oil and it is awesome. Sometimes I’ll use it in place of rice, but I’m way more likely to just eat a bowl of it.
- Route 11 Dill Pickle Chips – I may have overindulged a bit last night. Beer Geek’s sister and her husband and daughter were visiting and we started drinking some of our stash of big beers. We don’t get to see them often, so we hung out until the wee hours (I didn’t even start packing until 1am and I might have been cooking taco meat at midnight.) Some extra salty chips and a bottle of nuun really hit the spot this morning LOL.
What foods are you digging right now? I have to admit I’m kind of excited to check out the beer scene in Denver this weekend!