This morning, I woke up to closed schools and this:
Apparently, this is what a snow day looks like in Virginia. (Actually, it’s snowing now and supposedly going to get worse as the day goes on. We’ll see.)
Not that it really matters. Both boys are sick, so they’d be home with me anyways. In fact, I have the headache that Jones complained of first, so I imagine I’m next. Fun. And Beer Geek is working from home, so quiet is required and a the basement is off limits for most of the day.
I’ve relaxed the electronics rules and I’m hoping to sneak in a run at some point – outside if the roads appear to stay clear.
And now for WIAW. I totally failed this week. It’s been kind of hectic and I’ve felt less than awesome, so I totally missed the goal of “Going Green” for March. We did manage to have a green vegetable most nights (not too hard since my kids preferred veggies are cucumber, green beans, and broccoli/cauliflower, in that order), but yesterday’s meals were pretty lame. Hopefully I’ll be better next week.
- First breakfast (most important LOL) – coffee and a banana
- Second breakfast after the kids went to school – 2 eggs with mushrooms, onions, red pepper, and avocado plus a sprinkling of cheese
- Lunch – Veggie chili from the freezer
- Dinner – Totally lame, Tortellini with red sauce, raw veggies, and a slice of bread. What can I say I wasn’t in the mood to cook.
- Dessert – Applesauce cinnamon bread. LOVE this stuff and had to make some for a thank you gift. See below for recipe.
My day is dreary, our food was boring, and I haven’t run yet. Really hoping that a run out in the falling snow will perk me up later!