So, we aren’t big on gifts around here. The boys always make me things at school and I really don’t need much in the way of “stuff”. When Beer Geek asked me what I wanted for Mother’s Day, I told him I wanted the camera I’d been researching and a shopping “spree” at Pacers. He was more than happy to tell me to go for it.
My shopping spree at Pacers was not huge. I bought the Gu’s I need for the marathon and one of the few running items I’ve wanted for a long time, but resisted buying. I finally bought myself a Spibelt Fitness and Running Belt.
I am not lacking in ability to carry things on my runs. I have a Fuel Belt for long runs, an Amphipod handheld for shorter runs, and a Nike armband that I use to carry my cell phone and key in when I don’t need to take hydration with me. This would be why I resisted buying the Spibelt for so long. But the new camera changes everything. I want to take it with me when I run or volunteer and I want it easily accessible and I don’t want it sticky from leftover Gu packets.
In a word, the Spibelt ROCKS! I bought it to wear during my volunteer stint and my race on Sunday. The camera fit great (and I could have also fit in my cell phone, my key, my granola bar, Shoo… o.k., maybe not Shoo, but the thing just kept stretching and stretching.) I wore it just below the waistband on my shorts. While I was volunteering, I wore it with the pouch on the back so I wouldn’t bump the camera. When I ran, I pulled the pouch to the front so I could reach my camera while running. It.Did.Not.Move. I actually had to check a few times to make sure it was there because I couldn’t even feel it! I have a feeling I’ll be wearing this a lot in the future. I’m planning to get the race bib clips as well and see how that works for me too.
And some bullet points for Monday Miscellany…
- Jones has strep throat. I was pretty sure he did, but of course, you have to go to the dr. and make sure. This meant a trip to the germ farm that is the pediatrician’s office. Just the place I was hoping to avoid the week of the marathon.
- I got called “Ma’am” today at the grocery store. I’ve kind of gotten used to the employees calling me ma’am, but today I got called that by another customer. Ouch! I know I’m turning 40 this year, but in my mind, I’m still young and hip (or at least as hip as I was when I was young LOL).
- I’ve been on a winning streak lately – I won a Kalyx bra from Jen at Setting You Free, The Athlete’s Palate from Wendy at Never Underestimate the Power of a Running Woman, and Recovery Socks from Erica at Run, Mommy, Run. I feel like I need to go out and buy lottery tickets.
- In case you are wondering, I bought a Nikon Coolpix S3000. I was looking for super small and fairly inexpensive and this one got good reviews. Comparing it to our very first digital camera reminds me of the old cell phones that were the size of bricks LOL. So far, I really like it (and it was “cheap” enough that it doesn’t freak me out to carry it on my runs.)
- I had planned on trying to “reset” my body clock this week so that getting up early for the marathon wouldn’t be so hard. Unfortunately, between insomnia and Jones yelling in his sleep (normal for him when he’s sick), I’ve been getting very little sleep. Hopefully tonight will go well and I can start getting up early on Wednesday. I really want to run my last two pre-marathon runs at the time I’ll be running the marathon.
- I keep wanting to head into full on stress mode about the marathon, but I have too much other crap going on to focus on that. I think that may be a good thing.
30 thoughts on “Spibelt review and miscellaneous Monday”
one down with strep – not fun at all. hope he gets well soon so you can relax for the rest of taper
i just use an old sock that i put my gu's and chews in and i stick it down my bra. lol. mind you i am completely flat-chested so i have a huge bump protruding in the middle of my chest. hehe. i should look into one of these little belts…
I love my spibelt! I find that anytime it moves it is simply because I need to retighten. Awesome running accessory! Hope your little guy feels better soon, and that you're both able to get a bit more rest. I loathe trips to the pediatrician. Ugh! Have a great rest of the week!
I have been looking at those belts and wanting one. Thanks for the great review. You might have just convinced me. Nice job on your winning streak. I won a handful when I first started blogging, it's so fun.
You are one lucky gal! Congrats on the new camera. I am a Nikon fanatic. I hope the kiddo feels better soon!
I love my Spibelt…I think that yours might be a little bigger and hold more. I think mine was $19.99. I love how it just kind of molds to my body and I hardly noticed it at all:)So sorry to hear about being called the M word:( I have had that happen once and I did not like it:) Have a great week!
Congrats on all the winning!! Hope the little fella feels better soon 🙂 Thanks for the review too! I would love to have something to carry my camera in since the skirt pockets are a no go.
Glad to hear you like you SpiBelt. I've been in the market for some kind of belt and have been eyeing that one up. Might have to find one soon.Hope the little guy feels better soon!
I love my Spi belt too!!! Enjoy your new camera! Hope your little guy is feeling better soon!
I hope Jones feels better soon! And that you both can get some rest. Congrats on all the loot. You definitely need to play the lottery.
Good to know I might just have to get one of those!
Holy Giveaway Winner you are! dang. that'll be some good vibes for your marathon for sure!
Hope Jones feel better soon! Enjoy this week- even if it means keeping busy. Uh..do you feel like entering some contests on my behalf? I could use the luck!
Don't feel too bad about being called Ma'am. I was called that when I was 19 and still young and hip. (I lie I was never hip)
good luck in this final week as you taper! Hopefully you can get some good rest.
Congrats on all the giveaway wins! They make me feel like a rockstar when I win!Sorry to hear about all the sickness – hope you are able to stay well.Love the new belt!
Do you know what cures strep throat? Imperial Stout…
Go for the lottery ticket! Hope your little guy feels better soon. Rest up for the marathon as best you can. Taper week always seems to be a disaster!
Hope your little dude feels better soon! and you are a lucky chick!
Boo for Strep! Hope he feels better soon! Congrats on all of the wins. I have wanted one of those spi-belts but have been afraid to give up my hydration belt, even though I hate it. And I think both would be overkill!
Great Spibelt review!Sorry about the strep.
Glad you like your new SpiBelt! I'm a big fan. You cna jam so much stuff in there!!I hope Jones feels better soon and that YOU DON'T CATCH IT!Stay healthy!!
I love my spibelt and really didn't think I would. Hope everyone starts feeling better – rest up!
The spibelt is amazing! I use mine when I want to bring my camera with me. It's stretchiness is impressive 🙂
You don't need to go out and buy the special thingy clips to hold your race bib – I just use zip ties! I bet you have a few lying around 🙂 Glad you like it!Congrats on the winning – I'm jealous!
Bummer about the strep throat. Not fun! Hope you got some sleep last night. You are probably right about not being able to stress about the marathon, it's almost better to not be able to think about it! Take care, here's hoping no one else gets sick!
Is it sad? I'd rather be called Ma'am than "honey".
Sounds like some great mother's day gifts! Congrats on all the giveaway winnings too!Sorry to hear the little one has strep. I swear that is going around like crazy this year!
Lol, I don't have a Spibelt and have a Canon that friends joke is from '99… (2005 thankyouverymuch).This post made me feel like I need to get with the times!I'm 24 and I've been called ma'am before. It might have to do with this area more so than age, idk. I wouldn't sweat it.
I love my spibelt – best purchase in a long time. Good thing you have other distractions – the marathon will be here before you know it! Hope your last few runs go well!