Love tuna? Love a little spice with your tuna? I’ve got the dish for you. It’s Spicy Asian Tuna Steaks and it’s simple and yummy and good for you. It’s also our last recipe for the Rock Your Core challenge! Next week we’ll have one last giveaway and a few more exercises! (You did enter this week’s giveaway, right?)
- 4 tuna steaks, 5-6 oz each
- 1 T peanut or olive oil
- 1 T dark sesame oil
- 1 med Spanish onion, sliced 1/4″ (I used a regular sweet onion instead)
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 C tomato sauce
- 2/3 C white grape juice (or Gewurtraminer wine)
- 1 T Thai chili sauce
- 1 t Fresh lemon juice
- 1 T fresh minced cilantro
- salt and pepper
- Heat peanut and sesame oil in large skillet until hot.
- Saute fish quickly until lightly browned, add salt and pepper before flipping. Cook about 5 minutes total.
- Transfer fish to warm platter and keep warm.
- In same pan, salute onions until translucent (about 3 minutes.)
- Stir in tomato sauce, juice, chili sauce, lemon juice, and cilantro.
- Bring sauce to bubbling, reduce heat, and simmer 4-5 minutes.
- Add tuna, cover and simmer 8-10 minutes. (Less if you prefer your tuna pink in the middle)
- Serve with Asian noodles or rice.
1. It’s April. It was a really cold spring. Somehow I’ve still managed to get a tan line from my skirts. How did that happen?
2. Speaking of skirts, I’ve been cheating on them. Shh, don’t tell Miss Zippy, but I found a pair of shorts that I love. They are longer and fitted, but stretch in all the right places. They even have a built in running liner. Luckily, they are made by Skirt Sports, so I’m only kind of cheating LOL.
3. Apparently my version of taper crazy is to not want to run at all. I’ve been struggling to get out there at all. I did manage to get out there on Thursday with a friend, but then I talked her into running one less mile than we planned. Yep, I’m ruining other people’s tapers as well. Go me!
4. I may not be running much, but suddenly I’m hungry all the time again. In fact, I had an after dinner meeting at my favorite brewpub last night and the manager gave me a pizza to take home to Beer Geek. I may have eaten a slice. In the car. Before I left the parking lot. It just smelled THAT good. (And tasted darned good as well.)
5. Somehow I’ve hurt my shoulder. It feels like a muscle issue, but I have no idea exactly what muscle. What does that have to do with running? I’m pretty sure I did it carrying my handheld water bottle in the same hand for back to back long runs. Yeah, that’s how I roll – my only injuries this training cycle were a damaged knee from falling on it and my shoulder from carrying a water bottle. #notanormalrunner