My brain is going about a million miles a minute right now. Too bad I can’t run that fast LOL. So, I’m hooking up with Amanda at Running with Spoons again for Thinking Out Loud Thursday.
1. As I expected, the weather here has started to warm up. We are looking at starting temps around 50, going up to 70. The big question, of course, is how fast will it go up that high? I’m hoping not until at least noon since the races start at 6am.
2. The beauty of the Mainly Marathons races is that the course is a loop that you do multiple times (14 for marathoners on the courses I’m doing.) This means I can take off layers as necessary and change things up if needed. As Beer Geek said to another spectator at one of the Riverboat races last year, “If she keeps tossing me items of clothes every time she runs past, she’ll be naked before she’s done.” Yep, strip marathoning. It’s the best kind of race. All three of the below pictures were from the same race…
3. Speaking of clothes, here’s my outfit for race 1. I reserve the right to make a last minute choice.
4. And here’s my outfit for race 2. I’m prepared for all temps LOL.
5. My life has been crazy lately. I ended up at the Urgent Care with Jones on Tuesday because of a wicked sore throat (not strep, thank goodness) and then he stayed home on Wednesday. Shoo fell hard at soccer on Tuesday, so Wednesday he made me stay at practice. Now I’ve got to cram the errands that were supposed to happen on Tuesday and Wednesday into an already packed Thursday. Otherwise, the gecko is going to be hungry while I’m gone…
6. Because of the heat, my A goal is to finish upright and smiling. That’s it.
7. OK, A+ would be one or both races being sub-5. B if I finish limping. C if I drop down to a half for the second one. D if I don’t run the second day. F if I injure myself in some way that messes up Ragnar. Obviously, I’m aiming for some version of A. Yes, I’ve spent way too much time thinking about this.
8. I totally have the taper crazies. I’m doubting if I can run a 5k, much less two marathons. I’m kind of a mental mess right now.
9. I keep reminding myself that I chose to do this and that it’s supposed to be fun. And I know it will be – I get to hang with Kim and a whole slew of people that I’ve run with at other Mainly Marathon series. Even if I end up walking a lot, I’ll have lots of people to chat with. I can do this. I will do this. And I will have fun doing it.
10. And this…
…will make it all worthwhile.
[Tweet “Training is over. Time to run the races I signed up for! #runchat #fitfluential”]
What are you thinking about these days? Do you have a race this weekend?
12 thoughts on “Strip marathoning and I chose to do this”
Whooo hooo!! You are going to do great, I can’t wait to hear all about it!!
Thanks! I’m really nervous, but excited too. I just keep reminding myself that there are no time limits.
Strip marathoning! Love it!
Good luck this weekend. I’m so anxious to hear how it goes!
Layers are necessary until they’re not. At least your husband was there to carry the layers. Good luck this weekend.
Is that a cricket you’re feeding the gecko?
I’d be a head case too, if that was what my coming weekend looked like! ; ) I hope it goes really well for you and that the temperature gods shine on you. There’s definitely been no real stretch of time to get acclimated. Best of luck!
GOOD LUCK!!!! That is an amazing accomplishment. I’ll be cheering you on!
Good luck this weekend! I’m rooting for you! Like you said above, you can walk if you need to! Trust that training.
I did giggle out loud about the strip marathoning!
you got this!! we all believe in you!!
I really like the idea of a loop that you can shed clothes. You are going to rock it and of course look really cute while doing it! Good luck and have fun
Loops are perfect for shedding clothes! You will do amazing in both races! I love both outfits too. You’ve got this!
Good luck lady! I know you’ll rock it this weekend. By the way, I think we have the same Altra’s. You’ll have to let me know how they perform.
You will be great!!! Just 2 days of fun running:)