Despite yesterday’s whine, I have found that being part of the blog world has been a really positive experience for me. I’ve run with some of you and drunk beer with others. You’ve held me accountable for my training and gotten me to races when I really wasn’t in the mood to run them. And, wow, there are 41 of you willing to run a few miles in celebration of my 40th birthday!
The new mantra: Suck it up, Buttercup.
I tend to let my mind get in the way of what my body can do. Unlike some of you, I’ll cut a run short or go slow if I’m not feeling the love. With my new mantra, I still listen to my body, but if I do an inventory and there’s nothing really wrong, I keep going. I’ve managed to get in longer runs than expected this week by doing this.
I may not want your goals, but I am going to try to make some of your traits my own. I’m borrowing:
- Tonia‘s determination (already stole a mantra, so why not?),
- Shelly‘s ability to get out there every day (I’m on day 9 of my current streak)
- Jess‘ willingness to run in the heat (it’s frickin’ hot here and I’ve been out every day at 10:00 am!)
- AngieB‘s tough feet (I’ve done a few barefoot miles on the treadmill and really want to do more)
- Jamoosh‘s beer fridge (a girl can dream, right?)
ShutUpandRun can keep her digestive system, however.
So, suck it up, Buttercup. And yes, I am getting the shirt.