Here we are approaching the first weekend of 2020. The Wednesday start to the year has me all kinds of confused and my kids have been home for two weeks and need to go back. (Not sure that they would agree…) So I’m sitting here with my 2nd cup of coffee, thinking back on 2019 since I’m not quite ready to figure out 2020. Thanks to Deb and Courtenay for hosting!
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that it feels like the new year does not start until this coming Monday. I have several things I’m waiting on that I won’t hear until then and a few calls I need to make but the offices aren’t open until then… It’s like that weird space between Christmas and New Year got extended a few extra days this year.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that my spring is looking a lot like my fall in terms of travel. Jones has narrowed his college choices down, but wants to attend the admitted students events at 3 schools. So, he and I will be traveling to Michigan, Ohio, and Delaware in the next couple of months. Add in a trip to Bermuda, ZOOMA’s Texas race, and planning a trip with Shoo for spring break and I feel like I’m not going to be home at all this spring.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you I think I did a pretty good job on my goals for 2019.
- Run 5-10 “local” races. I nailed this one.
- Rebuild my base. Oops, a new injury messed this one up.
- Add at least one state to my 50 states quest. Nope, but I did manage to get in a few more half marathons and my 9th marathon.
- Run my first Ultra. Nailed it! Ran the MCM 50k!
- Get consistent with Faster Way to Fat Loss again. I did pretty well here for the first part of the year and I’m doing well again, but I slacked during the 50k training and I could tell.
- Start using my Instant Pot at least once a month. I use this all the time, but I haven’t really added anything new to our recipe rotation. Need to work on finding some new options.
- Continue to replace the products we use on a daily basis with healthier choices. This is a work in progress, but we’ve changed a few products this year.
- Get back on track with my sleep. I actually did really well with this, but I still find myself taking naps most days. Yeah, getting older is rough.
- Blog 1 time per week. I did manage close to this.
- Continue to work for ZOOMA and my other job and in the library world. I managed this, but I’ve taken on a lot more with ZOOMA, so 2020 might need to look different.
- Create more of a routine. For the most part, I did a good job on this. Still room for improvement.
- Continue cleaning and decluttering. Yeah, total fail in 2019. Life was just too crazy. I’m pretty sure my house has reached maximum capacity.
- Take a trip with Beer Geek. We went to the Jersey shore for spring break. It was kind of crazy due to an airline snafu for the kids (we had to drive them to Pittsburgh instead of flying them to Wisconsin), a last minute half marathon, and all the lighthouses and craft beer, but it was a fun trip.
- Keep using my bullet journal to keep me on track. It’s not a pretty bullet journal, but I use it all.the.time.
If we were having coffee, I’d tell you that 2020 is going to be a big year of change around here. One kid is going to college, one is starting high school, my jobs keep evolving, I have no idea what my run goals will be… While I intend to create goals for 2020, I think this may be the year of being flexible.