OK, maybe I didn’t forget to run. Maybe it was more that life and my body wanted me to taper.
Remember last Monday when I ran 9 miles and hit 200 miles for the month of August?
Well, as of today, I’ve run 9.5 miles in September. I do plan to run today and tomorrow is a 16 mile run and Wednesday I will probably run twice, but yeah, last week was a washout when it comes to training. I could give lots of excuses (heat, Beer Geek traveling, busy schedule), but really it boils down to just not feeling the run love.
So let’s just skip past last week and talk about this coming week.
Here are my goals for the week:
- Get in my 8 mile run today and my 16 tomorrow and another 6 on Wednesday AKA the first of my 16 mile long runs for this training plan.
- Figure out what my outfits for Center of the Nation. It’s a good thing that I have so many skirts that 6 outfits is not a problem. I think the biggest problem is finding 6 pairs of underwear that won’t chafe during a half marathon LOL. That and the potential weather – I think layers are the answer.
- Get the kids to their first day of school on time, before I head off to run 16 miles. Guess this is not one of those years where the first day of school is coffee time with my mommy friends LOL.
- Get everything ready for my parents for next week. We have an insanely busy soccer schedule this fall and my parents are being dropped right in the middle of it. (Sorry mom and dad.)
- Buy snacks. We are going to the middle of nowhere USA. I eat a lot when I’m running a half marathon each day. I need to stock up on Kind Bars, Lara Bars, and trail mix. (Don’t worry, we’ll pick up some beer in Denver before we start our drive, because yes, I do drink a single beer every night before a race. Good carbs + it helps me fall asleep. Oh yeah, and I like beer, so there’s that.)
- Laundry, laundry, and more laundry.
- Participate in the first Mad Fox run club run.
It’s going to be a busy week! I can’t wait for next week though. The running is a lot of work, but the Mainly Marathon events are so much fun and I can’t wait to meet my new friends, since my Facebook friends always take a huge leap after these events LOL.
What are you up to this week? Is your race season about to kick off???