- When I have good form, I can run faster.
- It’s easiest to have good form when I’m completely barefoot. Vibrams are better than shoes in terms of my running form.
- It hurts my heels to run in Vibrams when I have poor form and start landing on my heels.
- My form goes to hell at about 3.4 miles. I had to slow way down for the last half mile+ to focus on keeping my head up and my feet hitting the ground correctly.
- Tomorrow’s steep downhill start may not work in my favor. Usually I can take that hill at a sub-8 pace with little effort. I’m having trouble running lightly down hills when in the Vibrams.
- Landing on a rock where the ball of your foot transitions to arch hurts nearly as bad as childbirth.
I’m excited about running a race in the Vibram Five Fingers, but a bit nervous as well. There are grates in the road for a big chunk of the downhill. I’m afraid that will be an interesting and, quite possibly, painful experience. I’m also thinking about racing in a running skirt. ‘Cause you know, running in Vibrams won’t stand out enough in the crowd. ;o)
BTW, I’ve being featured today over at Mommy Only Has Two Hands. Go check it out. I’m not sure there’s anything there I haven’t already talked about here, but you never know…
Don’t forget to enter my socks giveaway! It ends tonight.