If you’ve been watching me on twitter or instagram, I’m sure you’ve seen a picture or two of the fun I’m having here. Getting out of my house on time was a challenge, but I made it and I’m having a blast.
Here are five things I’m looking forward to this weekend (some I’ve already accomplished LOL):
- Meeting Bart Yasso. Somehow in all the time I’ve been involved in racing, I have yet to meet him. (In fact, at this point, I’ve already met him and seen his office. It’s ok to be jealous! Also note the cute Tantrum Lotta Love top – I’ll be giving one away on Monday!)
- Meeting Deena Kastor. She’s hosting one of the lunches I’ll be going to this weekend. I’m going to do my best to not go all fangirl on her, but well, I might.
- Getting fed lots of meals, including at least one with foods out of the Runner’s World Meals on the Run cookbook. I’ve heard great things about this cookbook, so I’m looking forward to sampling some of the items in it. And I’m not gonna lie, as the primary cook around here, I’m looking forward to someone else cooking.
- Getting fit for shoes by the Altra staff and meeting Golden Harper. I love my Altra Ones. Like kind of a lot. But it’ll be nice to have a professional tell me if I’m wearing the right shoe for my running stride.
- Visiting a brew pub. You knew that was coming, right? I think we have some free time one of the nights and I’ve already recruited a few other bloggers to join me. I didn’t even have to twist their arms!
Bonus: I can’t wait to meet so many bloggers I’ve conversed with online. Wondering who’s going? Here’s the list.
You’ll notice that I’ve said nothing about the actual races. I’ll admit that I’m more than a little bit nervous about them. I don’t know how my hip is going to feel and even if I do run most or all of them, they are going to be so slow! Sunday I have to finish in under 3 hours because I need to get home for soccer, so I’ve marked a couple of “bail” options. Guess we’ll see if I take my first DNF or DNS a few races. You know that if I’m not running, I’ll be out there cheering, so look for me. I’ll be the one wearing Skirt Sports. ;o)
And it looks like I’ll be trying out a new Altra shoe at the trail race – the Impulse. Review to follow after a few runs!
Linking up with the lovely ladies of the DC Trifecta as per usual today: Cynthia, Mar, and Courtney.
9 thoughts on “Things I want to do at #RWHalf”
Sounds like an amazing weekend. Enjoy!
have fun this weekend and be smart while running! see you next weekend 🙂
Have fun this weekend!! Have fun at the brewpub, I always like to visit new ones when I travel!
Have so much fun, Erika!! I did this one in 2013 and we had a BLAST; such a great event.
That’s awesome. I’ll be there this weekend too. I’m doing the Hat Trick. I did it before my vacation, so know I can finish, but nervous because I had vacation, so not exactly primed and ready right now, haha.
I have met Bart Yasso before too…how cool! My sister went to the Runner’s World festival a few yrs ago and she really enjoyed it. Have fun!
I think you forgot Allie from VitaTrain4Life!! Hope you are having an awesome time!!
Oh wow, this sounds like SUCH a fun weekend! That’s so cool you get to meet Bart Yasso and Deena Kastor. I also love your Altra shoes. I’ve been wanting to try some!!! I hope you’re enjoying your races!
so much fun! Looked like a great weekend had by all!