It seems like every year at this time I feel like I’m hanging on by the tips of my fingernails. All of the end of the year activities, combined with a few unplanned adventures (lightning’d out tryouts, sore throats, exploding milk jugs) leave me feeling like I’m only a second away from one of the many balls in the air landing on my head. Thankfully, we are almost to the finish line and the normal crazy that is my life will return.
So, here’s today’s edition of Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Running with Spoons.
1. I ran a couple of giveaways recently and need to get things in the mail. So, here’s my winner of the hydration sampler: Shannon O
Here’s the winner of the Timex GPS Watch: Erin E.
I’ve emailed you both, so please respond within 48 hours or I’ll pick a new winner.
2. Next week I start my official training plan. I’ve spent the last week getting back in the habit of running more days a week. So far, I’ve run 6, 5, and 4.5. Today will be my “long run” of 7 miles followed by 5 on Friday and a 5K to figure out my paces for the speed work days on my plan. I’m already looking forward to my day off on Sunday!
3.This week was crazy hot. CRAZY hot. I seriously sweat so much that I had to wash my contacts after my run – they were so salty I could not see! I still managed to do a 10K for the Skirt Sports virtual 13er. I would have loved to have done a 13er, but I’m just not acclimated to this weather yet. (And next year, I plan to run it out in Denver!)
4. Since it’s been so hot, I’m doing something crazy. OK, maybe it’s only crazy in my mind. I’m trying one of Skirt Sports’ shorter skirts. I know! I love my Happy Girls, but when it was a feels like of 100* the other day, I just wanted more leg showing. I’m not worried about chafing (Skirt Sports is awesome that way), but I’m a little nervous about feeling self conscious in a shorter skirt.
5. This has been a good mailbox week. First up, I got two tanks and a headband from Skirt Sports! I love the tanks – they are super comfy! And I think they may have been paying attention to what my favorite pattern is when they picked out my headband!
6. I also happened to get a sneak peek of Skirt Sports next season. Let’s just say I may need to buy a bigger house to store all of my skirts… and tanks… and tights…
7. Altra also treated me nicely this week and sent me some cool ambassador duds! I’m loving that they sent me a black tank as it goes with all of my skirts. Yeah, priorities…
8. Know what else showed up in my mailbox? A pair of Altra One 2 and a pair of Altra One 2.5 that I’d purchased. I love them both. I need to run in the 2.5 a few more times before I decide if I have a favorite.
I’m really looking forward to life settling down a bit next week. The boys and I are going to Wisconsin for some R&R with my family. Beer Geek will get to enjoy a peaceful house while we are gone (the gecko and cat don’t make much noise).
Has your summer started yet? Does your life still revolve around the school calendar???