It seems like every year at this time I feel like I’m hanging on by the tips of my fingernails. All of the end of the year activities, combined with a few unplanned adventures (lightning’d out tryouts, sore throats, exploding milk jugs) leave me feeling like I’m only a second away from one of the many balls in the air landing on my head. Thankfully, we are almost to the finish line and the normal crazy that is my life will return.
So, here’s today’s edition of Thinking Out Loud Thursday with Running with Spoons.
1. I ran a couple of giveaways recently and need to get things in the mail. So, here’s my winner of the hydration sampler: Shannon O
Here’s the winner of the Timex GPS Watch: Erin E.
I’ve emailed you both, so please respond within 48 hours or I’ll pick a new winner.
2. Next week I start my official training plan. I’ve spent the last week getting back in the habit of running more days a week. So far, I’ve run 6, 5, and 4.5. Today will be my “long run” of 7 miles followed by 5 on Friday and a 5K to figure out my paces for the speed work days on my plan. I’m already looking forward to my day off on Sunday!
3.This week was crazy hot. CRAZY hot. I seriously sweat so much that I had to wash my contacts after my run – they were so salty I could not see! I still managed to do a 10K for the Skirt Sports virtual 13er. I would have loved to have done a 13er, but I’m just not acclimated to this weather yet. (And next year, I plan to run it out in Denver!)
4. Since it’s been so hot, I’m doing something crazy. OK, maybe it’s only crazy in my mind. I’m trying one of Skirt Sports’ shorter skirts. I know! I love my Happy Girls, but when it was a feels like of 100* the other day, I just wanted more leg showing. I’m not worried about chafing (Skirt Sports is awesome that way), but I’m a little nervous about feeling self conscious in a shorter skirt.
5. This has been a good mailbox week. First up, I got two tanks and a headband from Skirt Sports! I love the tanks – they are super comfy! And I think they may have been paying attention to what my favorite pattern is when they picked out my headband!
6. I also happened to get a sneak peek of Skirt Sports next season. Let’s just say I may need to buy a bigger house to store all of my skirts… and tanks… and tights…
7. Altra also treated me nicely this week and sent me some cool ambassador duds! I’m loving that they sent me a black tank as it goes with all of my skirts. Yeah, priorities…
8. Know what else showed up in my mailbox? A pair of Altra One 2 and a pair of Altra One 2.5 that I’d purchased. I love them both. I need to run in the 2.5 a few more times before I decide if I have a favorite.
I’m really looking forward to life settling down a bit next week. The boys and I are going to Wisconsin for some R&R with my family. Beer Geek will get to enjoy a peaceful house while we are gone (the gecko and cat don’t make much noise).
Has your summer started yet? Does your life still revolve around the school calendar???
14 thoughts on “Thinking Out Loud Thursday: End of Year Craziness”
I dunno, my cat can be pretty noisy when he’s hungry or thinks I’ve overslept.
I love the lioness skirts! And I am not rail thin. Due to those grippers, though, chafing is actually a problem for me with them – I can only wear them on hot days for short runs. But soooooo comfortable.
I had a really good mailbox week too! My husband made a comment about it, but I paid for nothing…some products to review on the blog, I redeemed a gift card for Athleta…it’s all good!
This time of the year is definitely crazy! As you know, my life constantly revolves around the school calendar. Yesterday was such a long day too (finals at school, followed by graduation at 4:30pm). I’m so ready for summer break!
Running in Denver is fun, but be careful of the thin air. At least it’s not humid so that makes running easier, but my poor skin. Whenever I’m up there I had to have lotion with me all the time.
YES! my summer has started in earnest 🙂 Loving all your mail goodies. Excited to see you tomorrow!
Still revolving at least partially around school calendar here (one’s out and one’s not yet!) – I just need school to end! You had a great mailbox week! LOL!
My husband is a teacher, but my daughter is only 19 months old. So, our calendar is only semi-school calendar run. I have a feeling that things will get much more hectic in a few years!
It has been ridiculously hot here too!
So THAT’s what’s wrong with my contacts after a run. It never occurred to me it could be salt. I wonder why I didn’t think of that? Rock that shorter skirt!
I love good mail days 🙂 The weather has been crazy hot, and I’ve definitely noticed I’ve been a salty sweat-er !
Yes, I’m just white when I get done. And man, my contacts still haven’t recovered from that day…
Since I’m all done school and don’t have any kids, my life doesn’t really revolve around the school calendar. Heck, sometimes I have trouble remembering what day of the week it is 😆 But I do know that summer officially starts in about 3 days, and -that- makes me ridiculously happy.
I think I had 5 years where my life didn’t revolve around the school year because many of my jobs involved school year considerations…
Super fun swag! What new skirt did you try?
I’m trying the Gym Girl Ultra again and the new High Five skirt. We’ll see – I like my coverage, but it’s been so hot!