I’m joining up with Amanda at Running with Spoons for some “thinking out loud” because I have lots of stuff running around in my head.
So here is your weekly dose of randomness…
1. I plan to run 18 miles on Thursday and 18 on Friday. I had originally planned on one more 20 miler, but my schedule just won’t allow it to happen. To be honest, even hitting 18 is going to require everything to go absolutely perfectly from the time I get up until I finish. Why? Because I have a call with a client and have precisely the amount of time I need to drop the kid off at school, run, and get on the phone (ok, I might have a 10 minute cushion. maybe.) If I manage this, it’ll be the most distance I’ve ever covered in two days and will still be 16 miles less than I’ll do in the back to back marathons. Gulp.
2. The frustrating part is that I could have run 20 on Wednesday if I’d thought of it – my cleaning service canceled due to illness and the dentist canceled Shoo’s appointment (long story). So, boom, I had the whole school day free suddenly and I didn’t even realize I had enough time. Until I didn’t. Sigh. Oh well, it was a cold and rainy day, so not a huge loss and I got in a bike ride and some ab work.
3. Speaking of weather, I’m getting a little worried about my marathons. We’ve had an unseasonably cool spring. I think I’ve run in short sleeves twice so far. I have had zero chance to adapt to any sort of warmth, so I have to keep hoping that NY and NJ stay cool. I can almost guarantee that Virginia is going to pull its usual trick of jumping from 50 to 80 overnight. And we all know how well I run in the heat…
4. Since I had some free time on my hands on Wednesday, I had the time to take Beer Geek’s tire in to get fixed. Can I tell you how much I love REI? They quickly (and cheaply) replaced the tube while I waited. And by waited, I mean, got a personal escort around the store by an associate who helped me find exactly what I needed for a bike trip Beer Geek is taking. $200 and 15 minutes later (but with EXACTLY what he wanted), I was on my way. Amazing!
5. Have you signed up for the Skirt Sports 261 Virtual Race? If you register before Friday, your goodies will get to you by race time! And don’t forget, you can use my 20% off code to register: SSMCM20! And then we’ll move on to discussing the 13er.
6. Speaking of the 13er, I desperately want to go out to Denver for that race, but the ticket prices are insane! I’m still trying to come up with a way to justify it (and have my fingers crossed for a sale), but I have a feeling I’ll be doing that one as a Virtual as well. Guess that’s what happens when you spend all your race funds on fun things like two Ragnars and 6 half marathons in 6 days. (Yeah, I know you are crying for me.)
7. Yesterday Carla Birnberg posted about a simple test to see if you are sleep deprived. I don’t need no stinkin’ test. I know I need more sleep. I have to believe I’ll get more once I’m not running high 40s/low 50s for mileage. Right???
8.I’ve mostly switched from my iPhone to a Samsung phone. I’ve managed to find the droid version of most of my apps and I’m beginning to be able to do things quickly. The one thing I still need to figure out is how to use it as my alarm clock. This is pretty high up there on the list of important things I do with my phone so I guess I need to figure that out LOL.
9. Totally random and unrelated – Jones was measured at the doctor’s office on Wednesday. He’s now only a half inch shorter than I am and 5 pounds less than me. How on earth can my kid be that big? Isn’t he still a toddler?
10. I feel like I need to have a tenth thing, but I don’t really have one. You can pretend that I do… And here’s a picture of my cat and the laundry basket she has claimed as hers.
This has been a crazy busy week and not the week I planned when I set up my training plan, but I’m doing my best to be flexible and make it work. How is your week going? What random thing is going through your head right now?