Jamoosh told me I should “woman up” and post a 30 things Thursday, so I’ve decided to accept the challenge. Most items will be stuff from my week, but I may include a few random tidbits that my new readers may not have read. Sorry if it bores you to tears LOL.
- The princess and the clone trooper – Shoo has this picture of Beer Geek and I in his room. When his babysitter was putting him to bed the other night, he told her “sometimes I look at the picture and pretend my mommy is a princess.” (Everyone say AWWW!) Pause. “and my daddy is a clone trooper”. If you don’t get the reference, well, let me just say that Shoo is obsessed with all things Star Wars LOL.
- Teacherwoman asked where I got those “guns” if not at the gym. Shoveling all the %$^$ snow!
- I’ve signed up to volunteer with the National Marathon. I’ll be at Aid Station 05. Look for me if you are running. Or better yet, volunteer there as well.
- I had my 6 month dental checkup on Tuesday. All was good, except I’ve got a chipped tooth that needs to be repaired. The dentist offered to do it on the spot, but I declined as I had no desire to run 8 miles with a numb face.
- Somehow all three pairs of my running shoes are approaching 400 miles at the same time. This is colossal bad timing (or bad rotating) on my part. Thanks to a gift certificate and a coupon, I was able to replace one pair online. In a couple of weeks, I’ll head to my favorite running store and check out the new models. I love new kicks, just don’t love buying a bunch new at the same time.
- It’s auction time at Jones’ school again. Once again, you guys will be treated to my planning of a beer basket (I did “local” brews last year, anyone got an idea for a different theme?) and a beer and food pairing dinner.
- The best part about putting together a beer basket with 12 individual beers is that I am left with 12 5 packs of good beer. If you guys are lucky, I may share.
- I’ve discovered I love shoveling snow. I don’t, however, love the melting icky stuff that is currently left behind. Nor do I love the really inconsiderate people who couldn’t be bothered to shovel, especially businesses.
- My dad was the anonymous commenter on my “Inspiration” post. Just for the record, he and my mom will always be my heroes. If I can be as physically fit as them when I’m in my 60s, I’ll be thrilled. (Go Mom for losing a bunch of weight and beginning to run/walk 5k’s in her late 50s!) Also, I was talking to my mom the other day and she mentioned she’s coming for a shorter visit than planned because she only wants to come the amount of time that my dad can come. They’ve spent a lot of their married life apart (my dad’s retired military) and now that they are retired, she wants to spend more time with him. If I can say the same thing about Beer Geek when I’ve been married 40 years, I’ll count my marriage a success!
- One of my favorite brewers is about to open his own brewpub. I’ve already told Beer Geek that I expect a 40th birthday party there. Six months should give him enough time to manage it, right?
- This week I’m in charge of a Dr. Seuss book swap at Jones’ school. Next week I’m in charge of prizes for the Winter Festival at Shoo’s school. Sometimes I think I volunteer for too many random things.
- Beer Geek and I got married on the one year anniversary of our first date. Our first date was on a Friday the 13th. Good thing 13 is my lucky number.
- I ran with an ipod for only the 2nd time ever on Tuesday. I can’t stand earphones that fit in my ear (hate the feeling, plus hate being able to hear my heartbeat LOL), so I ran with Shoo’s earphones that fit on the outside of my ear. I only wore one as I run where there is traffic, so I’m sure I looked quite goofy. But it worked.
- I’m on the board at Shoo’s preschool, which means I’m involved in the admissions process. Getting into preschool around here is like winning the lottery. I’ve already been offered a bribe LOL.
- My first non-Budmilloor type beer was a McEwen’s Scotch Ale. It’s still up there as a favorite beer, although I mostly drink American Craft Beers now.
- Beer Geek proposed to me as we were walking back to his apartment from the 7-11. Thankfully, I’m not a girl who needs roses, candlelight, and champagne.
- I once got hit on by George Clinton. I didn’t know who he was, which Beer Geek found hugely amusing. I also think he really just wanted my beer.
- We’ve got tickets to Savor again. It’s my favorite event all year. Apparently it sold out in less than two hours. The first year we went, I got two free cases of Palo Santo Marron for buying my tickets.
- I’ve signed up for the Four Courts Four Miler. The “leprechaun” will be starting 6ish minutes after me. I’ve looked up his races and it looks like he’ll still finish 10 minutes before me. Yeah, I’m slow. So what?
- I’ve reached the point in marathon training where I am hungry ALL.THE.TIME. You’d think I ran 60 miles if you saw how much I ate after my run on Wednesday.
- There’s a fan page on facebook called “When I was your age, Dave Matthews played in fraternity houses.” I haven’t joined but it makes me laugh because I remember running into him in bars when I was in college. Gosh, I feel old now.
- I started making my first playlist for running. I’m going to guess that the number of people who have Ace of Base, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Paul Westerberg, and Wilco on the same playlist is pretty small. I call my tastes “electic”. Beer Geek calls them “odd.”
- I’ve lived in 9 different states and visited all 50. Before our current house, I’d never lived in one place more than three years.
- Running down the street listening to “Gary’s got a b#ner” makes me giggle. I’m sure I scare the people around me.
- I still ended up doing my 16 miles completely without music. I couldn’t be bothered to get the ipod out of my fuel belt.
- Running for almost three hours alone can get kind of boring. Good thing I can spend the time writing blog posts in my head.
- I spend 90% of my time in jeans or shorts and a t-shirt or fleece. It used to bother me that I wear the “stay at home mom” uniform. Then I remembered that before we had kids(when I wasn’t at work), all I wore was jeans and t-shirts.
- I tried to convince Jones to do Track and Field this spring, but he said he’s not interested in running and it’s too hard. Not sure what he thinks he’s doing when he’s playing soccer.
- Beer Geek calls me his “Little Imelda” because of my shoe collection. It makes me sad that I don’t currently have an excuse to buy new high heeled shoes.
- Mom of three gave me the “Gorgeous Blogger Award”. I’m supposed to tell you 6 things about myself that you may not know. I’m pretty sure I’ve covered that LOL. Usually, I’m good about passing on awards, but today I really need to get moving, so I’m gonna say I love all of my readers, but I especially appreciate those of you who comment on a regular basis. You know who you are, so consider yourselves tagged!
And the Winner of the nuun giveaway is: Michelle from “Let’s Roll Mama”. Email me at mom2shoo at gmail.com and we’ll work out the details!
Thanks to everyone who entered. The “Beer is Good” giveaway will happen some time in May and maybe I’ll come up with something else before then.
24 thoughts on “Thirty Things Thursday and we have a winner!”
Re. #8 – pls come to my city as my neighbors are the WORST at shovelling. Seriously – take the 10 min to shovel your walk. Great list!
#27 – you wear jeans?! I am not even on par with you…I always end up wearing clothes appropriate for the gym. 🙂 You are a fancy Mom! You rock. Thanks for the info re: the ice bath.
Way to woman up and knock out 30, geeze! I like the totally mixed up playlist, because mine is the same way. Everything from Ace of Base to Marilyn Manson.
Love the proposal on the way home from 7-11…maybe you should expand and tell us the story:)
#7 – or you could send 12 beers to your good buddy Jamoosh AND still have 12 four packs left!30 things Thursday – You are woman – I hear you roar!I had my 40th in a brewery – it rocked!
Wow you ran for 3 hours without music? I don't like to run 5 minutes without my ipod!
Hahaha, I've started writing blog posts in my mind on runs, too! Too bad I haven't had any time to post any of them lately…Anyway, I am running on Sunday, so hopefully I'll see you out there.
LOL at Jones – that's too funny 🙂
you are one interesting and amazing lady! Glad to have found you!
I love your list. I am jealous of your jeans and t-shirts. Whenever I am not at work, I am either wearing running clothes or pajamas. I HATE my dress up clothes, especially in the winter!
Nice job "womaning" up with the 30! And, you are super mom when it comes to participating in all the school stuff!
I love it! Bribery and corruption at a tiny tot's level (#14) Stay strong and accept no bribes unless of course, they are chocolate or beer.
Really, all 50 states? That is awesome. And I love that 13 is a lucky number for you. It's one of my favorites.G and I would come race with you, but we are already registered … if your plans change let me know!
Great list! I often don't wear more than sweats, so you are a step up from me. If we ever get out your way, you have to take me out for a beer. When are you running a race in California? Come to my neck of the woods and ill take you out (although I don't know where any good brewpubs are around here) Thanks for sharing.
Wow! I could never think of 30 things. Way to accept a challenge and go with it. Did you really used to run into BS in bars??? I have a friend who is obsessed with him.
My kids are similarly obsessed with clone troopers. Everything Star Wars is a must in this household. I've been having a love/hate relationship with the iPod as well. Stooopid earbuds are getting jammed into my brain by my headband lately though.
Loved reading your list! That is so awesomee that you have been to all 50 states! My husband proposed to me over a plate of nachos…he isn't big on romance either. 🙂
A Great 30 things list! (I'm currently bowing down to you.."I'm not worthy…I'm not worthy") I'm impressed at your school volunteering, Princess MCM Mama! And not everyone can say they were hit on by George Clinton!
Great list! And I should dig out my Ace of Base CD and add a few tracks to my iPod. I loved Ace of Base.
I can't believe you can come up with 30 things. My brain would have been fried at 10.
I loved so much of this post that if I wrote it all I would totally hi-jacking your post itself! I agree though on one thing the most: shoveling builds muscle!!!!
#21 makes me laugh. So true — he played the tiniest, grungiest place at my college when I was there!
Geez, I don't think I could come up with 30 things, well done! Great list! The Clinton thing was funny! You've definitely had a muscle-building winter! Have a good weekend!
Yay, yay, yay! I;m so excited that I won! Sorry I'm a little late – BW is very sick and I've had a 3 y/o wrapped around me for the past 3 days. Great list! I cannot believe you can run for 3 hours w/o music. Amazing, you are! I also love the Stay At Home Mom uniform – I only have to buy new pantyhose once a year now!