- Today I went on a field trip with Jones. As luck would have it, it was early release day at Shoo’s school and Beer Geek had an all day conference, so I made arrangements for him to go home with a friend for lunch. When we get out to the festival (40 minutes away), the teacher informs us that the buses are leaving 40 minutes later than we were told back at the school. Umm, don’t you think you could have mentioned that earlier? So I then spent the next hour finding someone to take Shoo instead of the planned mom as I knew she was counting on me being back on time. Found someone, eventually got back to Jones’ school, tracked down Shoo, picked him up, ran back to his school to pick up his forgotten backpack (milk left over the weekend would not be pleasant), then finally got home. I can’t decide if I need a nap, a run, or a beer more. Maybe all three, in that order.
- Speaking of the festival, it was a “Native Lands” festival and we got to see some African dances and some Native American dances. Being German, I wanted a festival where you dance the chicken dance and drink beer. Oh, wait, those are just the family weddings in Wisconsin…
- I left the little bit of arugula I had remaining out on the table the other afternoon. When I returned to put it away, I noticed all that was left was the very ends of the stems. Apparently, Shoo likes arugula too! I had to laugh at the neat pile of stems though. Thankfully, a friend had picked me up another container, so I’m not going through withdrawal symptoms. Just wish the arugula in my garden would grow faster – it’d save me a lot of money!
Edited to add 3 running related things:
1. I got that run in, but I had a big snack before I went, so I felt like I was running with a bowling ball in my stomach. I seriously considered puking in a neighbor’s yard, but decided that wouldn’t win me any friends in the neighborhood.
2. My mojo is apparently tapering. My mind is just not into running right now. I hope it shows up at the marathon, refreshed and ready to go.
3. I seriously need TMB to move up here. My clothes usually don’t match when I run and I’m used to that, but today I actively clashed.
17 thoughts on “Three Things Thursday”
I definitely think you deserve a nap, a run and a beer!
Arugla withdrawals better than peanut m&m's, right??!?!
I sometimes purposefully actively clash. Cars want to hit me less when they are too busy wondering what in the world I'm wearing. Either that or I wear all pink, which makes them wonder as well for some reason.
I'm glad you held back on barfing in the neighbour's yard. And I'm sure they felt the same.
Why can't I have an arugula withdrawal?
I am having frozen mixed berries withdrawal so I feel ya on the arugula 🙂 Not puking in the neighbors yard was a good call and I think a beer after a nap and a run would be lovely 🙂
Awesome field trip! I had to laugh on the chicken dance and beer drinking – sort of sounds like our family weddings in Connecticut (except instead of beer it is red wine). Great job on the run!
It's nice to have multiple arugula lovers in the family! Did you plant enough?
I'm just waiting for my mojo to go into taper mode. As long as it returns for race day!
Funny comment about the clashing! I have a friend who is horrified when I clash!
Ha ha, I am German too…so I appreciated the chicken dance and family wedding mention:) How about a little of Roll Out The Barrel!! I do love watching Native American dance too:) Don't worry, your marathon mojo will show up on race day…trust me!
Sounds like a crazy day!! Definitely go for all 3!
Nap, run and beer sounds ideal. If my hometown is anything like I remember it to be, you can probably count on some chicken dance and beer at the marathon. We're about as Dutch (the German kind) as it gets.
Your #1 is making me realize what my life will entail once my lil' ones are in elementary school! and I wanna go to a German festival/wedding!
run, beer than nap – that's the order I attempt to keep it in :)Your mojo will be in full force come race weekend!Have a great weekend!!
Well, you have your own style, even if it doesn't match, right? All the better for spilling beer onto (oh the poor grammar!)
Okay… so here is the path I followed to get to your blog:Adam–> Jamoosh's Virtual Half–> Your entry that included beers from bars I've been to more than once and a course I recognized ;)Anyway, in addition to running… I nanny. The 8 year old I babysit was on that field trip you took to the "Native Lands." I can't even begin to describe my amusement that I just read a blog post about the same field trip!