I’m sure someday soon I’ll actually have a coherent post. Today is not that day. Between end of school activities, trying to wrap up all my client work to go off the grid for a week (Ack!), and my usual day to day stuff, I can’t seem to keep a single thought in my head for more than a few minutes. I’ve been relying heavily on jotting notes, which would work great if I then didn’t immediately throw the notes away in a cleaning frenzy.
1. I took the boys to the pool for the first time yesterday. Some random observations:
- Other women are obviously more comfortable with their bodies than I am. Nearly every woman there had on a bikini, regardless of age or size.
- Athleta Gotta Have it Run Shorts really work well as a swim suit bottom. They stayed in place nicely and dried quickly. I did feel a bit weird wearing them at the pool, but they’ll be awesome at cub scout camp.
- I need to do a much better job of putting sunblock on – my back and the boys’ faces are pretty red.
- I’m not going to call people out for choosing to sun bathe, but if you are doing it at a public pool, at no point should you choose to untie your bikini top. Just sayin’.
2. The weather here is killing me. On Monday it was rainy all day with a high in the low 70s. Wednesday, it was in the high 90s. Today it’s supposed to hit 100. I can handle high 90s and low 100s – in August. My body does not appreciate these huge swings. Lucky me, I need to drop off the jeep for repair. I’m really not looking forward to the four mile run home. Is it bad that I’ve mapped out all the places I can stop for A/C on the way?
3. I bought Jones a new pair of Keen shoes the other day. The kid only wears crocs and Keens. (Seriously, he wore his black Keen sandals with his dressy clothes at his cello concert.) I came to the realization that I can wear his shoes. They are a little short but they fit. This both freaks me out (how did my baby get so big?) and excites me (I can fit into boys’ shoes! They are so much less expensive!). One more size and we’ll be able to share shoes. Pretty sure he’s not going to want to wear my girly colored running shoes or high heeled sandals though…
I promise I’ll figure out the skirt giveaway soon. Until then, feel free to go throw your hat in the ring. (Speaking of, I’ll probably just have Shoo pull names out of a hat…)
Leave a Reply