I debated calling this post “Thankful Tuesday” as many of the things that are too much in my life right now, I’m actually quite thankful for. I’m just feeling a little overwhelmed by all those things. Doesn’t help that yesterday’s mad clean out of the basement + an absolutely mentally necessary 3 mile run just plain wore me out.
What’s going on in my life?
- Mini-basement renovation – we’ve had a sagging ceiling for quite some time. I’m happy we are taking care of it because I was worried that it would fall on my treadmill or worse, a person sleeping in that room. Right now though, having the contents of my basement strewn around my already full living room and dining room is stressing me out. Thankfully, the construction crew is wicked fast and in one day they ripped down both ceilings, installed the recessed lights in one room and put in two new outlets and a light switch.
- A little promo project I’m working on for my running/coaching – it’s a really cool idea and could be a lot of fun, but quite frankly my level of creativity is pretty much zero right now
- Operations management work for a friend – some really interesting and challenging work that is both fun and financially rewarding has come my way and has the potential to become a lot more once Shoo is in elementary school. I’m struggling right now though with juggling my return to work with all the other things I have going on.
- Two new running clients – so excited to be working with some more moms, as well as continuing with my usual group, but really how many hours are there in the day?
- Volunteering for GOTR- looking forward to it, but so glad it’s really only a one day commitment.
- Running – Beer Geek really wants me to run the Hatfield and McCoy half marathon in June so that he can drive on the road that goes back and forth between two states. Yes, it is all about him and yes, there’s a reason he’s called Beer GEEK. ;o) I’m wondering if I can be ready to do 13.1 in Vibrams by then!
So, if you see me face down in my cup of coffee today, please just make sure I don’t drown…
And the Winner is…
And number 29 is…
Shelly, shoot me a quick email with your address at mom2shoo at gmail.com (And if you don’t know Shelly, go check out her awesome blog and her amazing 365+ days of running!)