I know that the Friday Five 2.0 topic for today is top holiday races, but I’ve never actually run a Christmas or New Year’s race. I’ve run a turkey trot a time or two and I just ran the Great Chocolate race which might be considered a holiday race, but that’s it. So, I got nothin’ on the topic suggested by Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness.
Instead, I’ll continue an annual tradition where I share my top 5 posts from the year. Interestingly, only two 2016 posts are in my top 10 most read posts for the year. My most popular post ever continues to be Tips for Running Outside in the Winter. Despite being only 2 years old, it has received more than twice as many views as any other post I’ve written. Wow!
- Tips for Marathon Training on the Treadmill – I was actually surprised to see this one so high as I wrote it at the end of October, but obviously it hit a chord. Maybe I should write a post about using your treadmill to streak because right now I’d have totally broken my running streak if I didn’t have it. I actually hit it after 10pm the other night after a long field trip to Philly with my older son.
- Running through a Pollen Coated World – This is an odd one. It went crazy on StumbleUpon shortly after I posted it and it went crazy for 1 day. Thousands of hits on one day and a handful since then LOL.
- iFit Classic Watch Review – I love this watch. And I love that I get hits on this post nearly every day. I still stand by everything I said in the review plus I have to say that I’ve totally gotten used to the size of it and I get complements on it all the time.
- Orangetheory Fitness Review – I had a great workout when I went. I’d love to make it a regular part of my schedule, but I’m the first to confess that I’m awful about working out at a specific time. I know that they push me harder than I’ll ever push myself though. Many locations offer a free first class or even a free week, so if you have one near you, you should definitely check it out.
- Want to Run the Marine Corps Marathon? Here’s How… – As you know, the Marine Corps Marathon is a super popular marathon. Many entrants get in through the annual lottery, but that’s not the only way. This post shares some tips on other ways to get an entry. From what I’ve seen around here, if someone REALLY wants to run, they can find a way. (I say this hoping that if I decide to run next fall that I’ll manage to get in LOL.)
2016 has been a pretty good year for me. I’ll be back after Christmas to wrap up my year. Until then, Merry Christmas to all who celebrate. Enjoy your weekend to those of you who don’t.