This week has been a crazy week. Having Christmas fall on a Monday means that the stores and post office have been swamped this week. This is normally my week to get everything done before people who have less flexible schedules are out of work. It’s been totally crazy with the lines! Thankfully, other than wrapping the gifts, I only have to hit the grocery store for a few things. Hopefully that means bedtime before 1am for the first time in a week.
Every year, I like to look back and see what posts were popular. There’s always at least one that makes me go “hmmm…” This year does not break that mold. So, without further ado, here are the posts that hit it out of the park this year.
- Marine Corps Marathon 2017 Race Recap Yep, my marathon recap was my highest read post this year. I guess everyone wanted to see that awful picture of me at mile 15 LOL. In fact, I’d venture to say that my post did better than my race went. Hopefully the reverse will be true when I run MCM in 2018.
- You want how much??? 5 tips to save on races. Want to save a little $$$ on your races for next year? These tips will help you out! Just don’t ask me how often I use the number 1 tip. It’s just not how I roll… Speaking of saving money though, ZOOMA has a sale going on for their Texas race. Use the code to get 15% off. (For the other locations, use code ERIKA2017 for 10% off.)
- Where to celebrate the Marine Corps Marathon with a beer – We all know why this post was popular. Who doesn’t want a beer (or some special libation) after a marathon? This post was super popular leading up to the race, but it continues to get hits now. People getting ready to drink next year?
- Training for a Fall Marathon in the South – This one is a good post to read if you are training for a fall marathon like MCM, NYC, or Chicago. Those (and many other fall races) call for lots of training miles in the heat of the summer. It can be done (judging by the sheer number of people racing marathons in the fall, but it needs to be done smartly. (And this post was totally an SEO fail – it’s had almost no hits from Google.)
- Some Things I Must Runfess – I’m gonna runfess that I don’t know why this one did as well as it did. Interestingly, it’s one of my few high hits posts that Pinterest did not bring in a lot of hits. In fact, it had zero hits from pinterest. Maybe I should pin it and see what happens LOL.
It’s hard to believe that another year is coming to an end. Hopefully 2018 will be filled with blog posts that everyone wants to read LOL.
I won’t be posting again until after Christmas, so Merry Christmas to those who celebrate!