How is the year half over already? It’s totally flying by this year. Since we are halfway through the year, it seemed appropriate to do a goal checkin for Tuesdays on the Run this week. Join Patty, April, and me and tell us how your goals are going..
- Finish six half marathons in six days. I have now run two Mainly Marathons series: Riverboat Series in 2014 and the Dust Bowl Series in 2013. Both offered an amazing experience: weather that added even more bada$$ to running, a race organization like no other, and people who live the same kind of crazy I do. Since I finished my first one, Center of the Nation has been on my radar and 2015 is the year. This year it’s 6 states: North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, Nebraska, and Colorado, which will give me 5 new states. No new news here. I’m training. I have plane tickets and I’m registered…
- Run Marine Corps Marathon. Yep, I’m going back to my roots. I started this blog when I began training for the marathon in 2008. It’s time to do it again. I ran the Marine Corps 17.75 on a crazy cold day in March to guarantee my registration. I’m one week into training with a totally different plan than usual.
- Qualify for Marathon Maniacs. “They” say that if your dreams don’t scare you, they aren’t big enough. Well, this one scares me, so it must be big enough. Thanks to Mainly Marathons and being on the RNR “rocknblog” team, I have several opportunities to do this. I’m still debating the best timing. KNOCKED this out of the park! I decided to go for my stretch goal and ran NJ one day and NY the next, thereby qualifying at the … level.
- Run 2 Ragnar Relays: Cape Cod and DC. I adore Ragnar. I want to run one every weekend. I want to be like that couple that ran every Ragnar in a year. But, since that can’t happen, I’m all about running the two that work for my schedule. Ragnar Cape Cod was amazing. I want to do it again, but I’ll have to settle for doing DC in October (for now).
- Try one new recipe every month. We are in a food rut, big time. It’s time to find some new recipes. I’m doing ok on this.
- Find a strength training program that works for me. I used to love lifting weights before Jones was born. I need to find that love again. Bwaahaahaa. Yeah, haven’t picked up a weight.
- Get control over my snacking. I eat really healthy meals, but I have a bad habit of walking through the kitchen and grabbing a snack, even if I’m not hungry. I’m doing well with this, but haven’t actually seen any weight loss.
- Set up a better work environment. Working at the dining room table is not comfortable, plus it leads me to snack more. I’ve moved to the living room. It’s a bit better.
- Be better organized with my work schedules. I’m juggling my real job, subbing at the library, writing for RunHaven, and various gigs that I get through my blog. I need to come up with a better way to balance them all and keep track of my deadlines. Nope, still as scattered as always.
- Prioritize one daytime social activity a week. Towards the end of 2014, I stopped doing anything with my friends. With marathon training starting and the increased work I’ve been doing, I need to make this a priority or I will never leave my house except for errands and running. Not a good thing for my extroverted self. Meh. Now it’s summer so I have kids in my face all the time.
- Take a trip with Beer Geek. We have two planned: Cape Cod and Center of the Nation. Yes, I am running a stupid number of miles on both of our trips. Yes, my husband indulges me. Cape Cod was amazing. Now I’m looking forward to CON.
- Run more with moms from MRTT. I’ve realized that for long runs and hard runs, I prefer to be by myself. So, I need to join some of the slower/shorter runs so I can chat with friends. I’m doing pretty good with this one.
- Get more sleep. Said every mom everywhere. I go in streaks here. I thought I’d sleep more this summer, but it appears the 6am wakeup is now for running every single day. Ugh.
Looking at my goals, I think the key thing that jumps out at me is “balance”. As in, I need to find a way to balance my family, work, running, and blogging with also filling some of my other needs.
[Tweet “Goals should make you stretch. Join us and share your 2015 goals. #tuesdaysontherun”]
How about you? Are you rockin’ your 2015 goals? Have you made any major changes to what you set out at the beginning of the year?
Leave a Reply